Material Management, Lead
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This Material Management Lead is an integral role within BPO as 1 key Business Process Owner. The role is accountable for CSL’s Global Material Management capabilities, which covers all activities within Direct Procurement and Planning enterprise-wide to ensure fit for purpose. This role is going to set up the global standard and process improvement that will bring the most value (Faster and Better) to the business users at different sites. Aside from bringing the new global capabilities, this role will be responsible making sure Training are in place and Processes are conformed.
S/he will foster a strong partnership with CSL’s Global Sourcing, Procurement, Supply Chain and Technology (I&T) organizations to:
- Ensure dependencies and integrations to drive the development and implementation processes, and tactical procedures are identified in a timely manner and aligned with the global template
- Coordinate global E2E Material Management improvement initiatives and projects ensuring adherence to global standards starting with business case development through implementation.
- Analyze and measure the effectiveness of existing business processes and develop sustainable, repeatable and scalable business process improvement that meet CSL 2030 strategies
- May determines how new information technologies can support reengineering business processes and represents the business to define requirements and business cases for the technology developments.
- Develop and/or coordinate creation and improvement of policies, methods, procedures, instructions, and forms to achieve greater operations efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Collects and analyzes process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures.
- Ensure Procurement processes are in compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Lastly, the role will provide support role to establish and improve the guiding principles, operating processes, metrics and policies
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Define and implement Material Management global standard of set process, KPI/metrics and solution to drive Operational Value, both Productivity and Efficiency globally – 4 Manufacturing sites
- Govern the deployment of additional Procurement capabilities to ensure integrity of the global template while driving continuous improvement initiatives to meet target performance levels
- Responsible to define and manage any improvement and innovation opportunity/project from the Business Case creation through Value creation post deployment
- Participate in the Business Process Council on the review and approval of enhancements and projects that impact Procurement processes, solutions, data, technology and 3rd party solutions
- Continually improve and innovate the Material Management control environment ensuring compliance with regulations, accounting policy, and internal controls in partnership with Global Sourcing and Financial Controls functions
- Accountable to create, support and deliver training both to Process Experts and Business users
- Provide an oversight of the Material Management day to day activities within the business to provide necessary BAU (Business as Usual) support
- Lead the team to bring “blue sky concept” to reality through collaboration supported by analyzing data and facts
- Benchmark any industry leading practices to be compared with CSL value and opportunities to further improve
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through employee selection, training and mentoring while focusing on operational efficiency and the elimination of “non-value added” activities
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the CSL Values: Customer Focus, Innovation, Integrity, Collaboration, and Superior Performance.
- Complies with requirements from CSL Behring’s Safety Program, including Health and Safety mandates and OSHA requirements
- Completes any other duties/responsibilities assigned by senior management
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements
A four-year Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Business, or related field;Masters in Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of Procurement experience with increasing responsibility
- Understanding of procurement and finance technologies; Hands on Experience in Contract Compliance, S4/Hana (MM), Subcontracting Purchasing, CMO, VMI, Catalog & Enablement.
- At least 3 years of experience in a leadership and project management role, preferably in global setting
- Fluency in English. German is preferred.
- Proven Procure to Order and Material Management leadership and experience for transforming procurement operation (system and process changes); life sciences/pharmaceutical preferred.
- Strong capability to work, influence and communicate with various levels within the organization
- Superior leadership, presentation and influential skill
- Proactive, Customer Focused and Solution driven
- Process and Data driven individual, Strong Business acumen, Proactive, Think-outside-the- box and Analytical approach
- Ability to supervise and direct assigned staff including monitoring and evaluating work performance, interviewing and hiring staff, conducting training and development, establishing work priorities and scheduling job tasks
- Strong ability to drive and promote change, capability to effectively work in a matrixed and collaborative team environment. Process Improvement experience, Six Sigma certification/training is a plus