Manager, Sales Incentive Compensation
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This Manager, Sales Incentive Compensation is responsible for managing all aspects of Field Sales Incentive Compensation activities within Sales Operations for assigned field teams in North America. This includes but is not limited to: incentive compensation plan design and administration, sales contest design and administration, goal/quota setting, product launch planning/support, and plan fairness and effectiveness evaluation. This individual works closely with Sales Leadership and Sales Operations to provide input to compensation strategy opportunities and challenges through insightful business acumen activities. In addition, this individual must also develop strong cross functional collaborative relationships with brand leadership, BT, legal, compliance, HR and finance partners to ensure successful operational support.
- Design, communicate and maintain IC programs that reinforce sales strategy, align with business objectives, and maintain fiscal responsibility in a manner that is in compliance with all CSL, federal, state and local laws and policies.
- Identify opportunities to streamline IC operations and improve quality and productivity through automation. Implement enabling technologies and tools to automate and streamline sales reporting.
- Collaborate with commercial teams and IC vendor to apply industry best practices to develop optimal IC plans.
- Proactively drive the rewards and recognition program through measuring compensation plan effectiveness, engagement and utilization.
- Develop and promote CSL IC best practices; identify and share relevant strategies and business rules that can be applied across multiple business units/product portfolios.
- Optimize goal setting strategy, lead process to set goals and develop measurement approach.
- Interface with BT and data operations to ensure appropriate data procurement, integration and governance.
- Design and implement a field sales communication plan to ensure understanding of IC plans and other IC strategies and tactics.
- Support inquiries on specific field performance issues related to IC; review and manage adjustments, appeals and impact analyses.
• Bachelor degree in business/marketing or science discipline
• 5-7 years' relevant commercial operations experience
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Incentive Compensation
- 3+ years of experience with data management and analysis
- • Proficiency with Microsoft Office; SAP experience preferred
- Working knowledge of sales targeting/segmentation, sales force sizing/alignment, sales analysis, and reporting
- Knowledge of sales incentive theory and practical application
- Experience with IC plan design across all stages of product lifecycle (launch vs. mature brands)
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience working with sensitive and confidential material required.
- Experience working with multiple levels of in-house management (to VP level), as well as field-based personnel and management required
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job documentation where applicable.