Regional Sales Manager (Mississippi Valley)
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This role will be responsible for multiple states within the Mississippi Valley territory and involve extensive travel in the future.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the regional sales goals (volume and profitability) and for managing a team of Influenza Vaccine Sales Representatives accounts in multiple channels, including primary care, internal medicine, public health, and hospitals. The Regional Sales Manager, with the Director of Strategic/Regional Accounts and Regional Strategic Account Manager, should develop the overall regional strategy and execution plan to meet the goals of Product sales. He/she is accountable for the execution of the marketing and sales strategy in multiple States and all the territory sales within. She/he will be the primary coach for all managed Influenza Vaccine Sales Representatives ensuring the proper level of values and behaviours are coached to on a regular basis. He/she oversees the sales plans, career development, and training of Sales Representatives, maintains and analyses sales data, and measures individual and regional sales performance. The Regional Manager is responsible for managing the budget and expense in the assigned area to ensure P&L goals are met.Major Responsibilities:
Develop and coach Sales Representatives to build them to be future Sales leaders in the organization
Foster long term relationships with Sales Representative and the Customer, adhere to and ensure compliance of Code of Conduct
- Motivate and retain highly competent Sales Representatives and develop and strategically utilize Senior & Executive Representatives
- Coordinate utilization of Medical Science personnel and any Specialists (eg Reimbursement, Contracting) in the region
- Conduct career development discussion and develop plans according to HR polices and calendar
- Oversee District and territory level budget, expenses and adherence of Representatives to their budgets through CSO partner
- Partner with CSO organization on performance initiatives related to sales personnel
Lead the Regional sales strategy and develop sales plan for the assigned brand and ensure successful execution of Sales and Expense goals
- Work with Regional IDN Account Manager to build sales plans involving customer insights, brand utilization drivers, and knowledge of competition and market dynamics
- Meet Sales revenue goals and meet Expense targets to drive product profitability
- Maximize and monitor sales performance, challenge and guide the improvement of account strategies.
- Modify plans/tactics where needed to achieve Sales revenue goals.
- Develop Region level (8-10 States) strategies and ensure alignment with Territory level strategy and plans.
- Manage negotiations/implementation of contracts and “pull through” in the Region working with greater commercial sales team to resolve conflicts between accounts and national agreements
Partner with Marketing and other stakeholders to optimize sales tools and programs and ensure their alignment with business objectives
- Develops recommendations for the Marketing team and sales training to optimize the development and effectiveness of promotional pieces
- Participate in annual Brand(s) Plan cycle by representing customer insights
- Routinely communicate updates and revisions to sales aid and other tools that drive the delivery of brand messages
- Identify new growth opportunities and programs, propose “big ideas” to be discussed with the broader team
- Work closely with Customer Service, inside sales team, reimbursement and other customer support groups to capture customer feedback and/or requests, and deliver them to HQ or Marketing in a timely manner
- Provide feedback on market research or studies to be deployed by Marketing related to customer attitudes and behaviours, e.g., ATUs, and support/provide input in segmentation analysis
- Monitor competitive intelligence and competitor activities, and make appropriate recommendations, as needed
- Monitor customer satisfaction to ensure customer experience is consistent with brand promise and communicate to Customer Operations as necessary
Deliver Sales Performance presentations to Commercial leadership, Sales management, and other internal groups, as requested
- With the direction of Director, Strategic and Regional Accounts, effectively communicate Regional/Territory analyses and recommendations to key internal stakeholders
- Perform ad hoc analysis of market data (IMS and other secondary pharmaceutical data) to analyse sales performance and delivery such results
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Life Sciences or Business/Marketing.
- 6+ years' pharmaceutical, biotech or healthcare industry experience with special focus on sales and/or marketing
- 3+ years experience in field sales, preferably minimum of 2 years direct to customer vaccines sales experience, territory or regional level
- Ability to travel 60%.
- Good knowledge of Healthcare Management, Reimbursement and Pharma Compliance
- Must possess good analytical skills
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of customer relations, product promotion and able to interpret complex information.
- Must possess the managerial ability to effectively organize, communicate and direct people.
- Strong track record of working cross-functionally to develop strategic plans and deliver on them