Capital Project Manager
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Responsible for all phases of capital projects including design, procurement, construction, and qualification activities.
- Coordinates planning and execution of assigned projects from initiation to closeout in accordance with the Seqirus stage gate model (SGM).
- Ensures good communication both within the project team (meetings, reporting), stakeholders, subject matter experts and area owners.
- Executes plans for procurement strategies of outside resources, services and materials.
- Assists with vendor selection and contract negotiations.
- Develops project staffing plans and secures stakeholder buy-in for internal participation during the life of the project.
- Provides direction in relation to project scope to ensure business need is met.
- Designs, Reviews, Factory Acceptance Testing and Qualification activities as required (domestic or international).
- Confirms projects are executed according to approved Standard Operating Procedures and in alignment with good engineering practices.
- Maintains external relationships as it pertains to project scope including government authorities.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing capital projects, 5 years preferred.
- Experience in pharmaceutical/biotech operations; preferred.
- Understanding of project management principles and project lifecycle phases.
- Prior project delivery of >$25M USD required, (>$50M preferred) within a matrixed organization.
- Experience/understanding with formalized Stage Gate methodology for project delivery - preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cGMPs, FDA requirements and good engineering practices preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a high performing teams.
- Previous operational readiness and start-up experience preferred.