Business Operations Analyst
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Analyst of Business Operations is an integral member of the Strategic Business Operations team within PPM-BOSS; responsible for designing, developing, and deploying the R&D organization’s operational business analytics capabilities using Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI, R, Alteryx, flat files, etc. to allow for data driven decision making and improved insights and analytics into the overall health of the business.Major Responsibilities:
Design, develop, and deploy Business Analytics Dashboards
- Partner with various functions and stakeholders within R&D to describe, predict and improve business outcomes through the use of reporting and dashboard.
- Design, develop, and deploy dashboards using Power BI
- Build compelling, interactive and actionable reports & dashboards on top of structured data models
- Analyze and mine internal and external data sources to generate operational insights and trends
- Gather requirements from various stakeholders to develop new dashboards
- Develop process to perform QC reports/data checks on dashboard data
Support Program Management System Development and Implementation
- Work with Sr. Manager PM Operations to support the enhancement and maintenance of the Seqirus R&D Program Management system (SmartCore).
- As a member of the SmartCore Development Team, work with stakeholders to develop system enhancements.
- Manage and implement SmartCore system improvement requests from stakeholders in coordination with Sr. Manager, PM Operations
- Address system incident/error reports received from stakeholders in coordination with Sr. Manager, PM Operations
- Manage and update SmartCore system Master Data (financials, resources, project/programs, etc) in coordination with Sr. Manager, PM Operations
- Work with the Sr. Manager PM Operations to support the development of reporting and dashboard capabilities related to Seqirus R&D time recording system (Replicon).
- Update and manage reporting from Replicon (compliance, resource management, etc).
- Update and manage Replicon users while maintaining alignment with Workday and SmartCore.
Support R&D Disclosures Approval Process
- Support the Sr Manager PM Operations in managing the R&D Disclosure approval process, including circulating documents for review/approval in PubsHub
Ad Hoc Projects
- The Analyst will provide support, and may independently complete, ad hoc projects for Business or PM Operations. Ad hoc projects in Business Operations typically target two main categories: Improvement projects and Analysis projects. At any point during the fiscal year Business Operations has 3-4 ad hoc projects underway and the Analyst will participate in either a support or lead role.
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent in Science related field;
- 0-2+ years' experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry (or where relevant a biomedical research organization).
- Proficiency or adaptability to highly matrixed organizations.
- Experience with clinical budgets, SAP, and invoicing is preferred but not required for this entry-level position.
- Experience preferred with Data Analysis and Visualization with Power BI Dashboards or comparable visualization tools
- Experience preferred with data integration of Power BI or comparable visualization tools
- Comfortability with data mining, data querying and visualization techniques
- Effective delivery of objectives in a complex matrix environment
- Ability to deal with rapid change
- Effective verbal & written communication skills in a cross functional environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Proactively owns and drives assigned tasks to completion
- Solution driven