Senior Comms Business Partner (North America Com Ops)
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This role serves as the primary communications counsellor to the North American Com Ops Leader and leadership team.
The incumbent will be an active member of North American Commercial Senior Leadership team, assisting with planning, oversight, and development of Communication initiatives and execution, ensuring all comms are aligned with Commercial and Company business priorities and goals. This includes external, issues/crisis, leadership and employee communications. Furthermore, the incumbent will be responsible for the execution of programs that supports the North American Commercial narrative and provide support for external leadership and employee communications and North America related Reputation Management, issues / crisis management. Ensures continuous content contribution in specific area of responsibilities for CSL Group’s “owned” multimedia publishing channels (ie. Vita newshub, CSL News, CSL NOW employee app, etc.) for both internal and external stakeholders/audiences. Metrics and analytics to be established and tracked.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Serves as primary communications counsellor to the North America Com Ops Leadership team.
2. Responsible for providing support for external, leadership & employee communications and issues/crisis management.
3. Active, participating member of the North America Commercial senior leadership team, assisting with annual planning, budget oversight, and development of Communications initiatives that support broader Commercial and Enterprise-wide goals.
4. Leads strategic counsel to North America Commercial leaders and execution of programs that support telling our Commercial and Therapeutic Areas narratives.
5. Ensures continuous content contribution in specific area of responsibilities for CSL Group’s “owned” multimedia publishing channels (ie. Vita newshub, CSL News, CSL NOW employee app, etc.) for both internal and external stakeholders/audiences. Metrics and analytics to be established and tracked.
6. Ensures all North America Commercial communications efforts ladder up to broader Commercial and CSL Group/CSL Behring brand message.
7. Ensures Company’s global Brand positioning is reflective in North America Commercial content for both external and internal audiences.
8. Provides leadership in the development and execution of the North America Commercial Leadership communications plans.
9. Provides strategic Commercial insight in the development and execution of strategic communications in support of Commercial affiliates for North America.
10. Ensures the annual North America Commercial communications budget is well executed and delivered at/under annual budget allocation.
11. Accountabilities include North America Public Policy/ Government Affairs Comms support.
12. Communications support provided for Market/Employee Comms - Commercial/Policy/local Affiliates’ employees.
13. Demonstrated ability to influence others, while fostering strong working relationships.
14. Coach and motivate team.
15. Champion best practice and lead by example, with consistent engagement across the business in North America.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or closely related field that develops written, verbal and communications skills.
• Advanced, progressive professional development training is ideal.
• 10-plus years of progressive experience in private and/or public sector communications is required including 5-plus years in public relations experience.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills, strong presentation but diplomatic presence.
• Business-fluent in English.