Sr. Manager, Global Forecasting & Decision Analytics
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This role will be responsible for providing forecasting and analytics support across a variety of therapeutic area (TA) portfolios. This role would become a trusted partner and single point of contact to the TA leaders for generating, integrating and translating insights/analytics into growth opportunities. This role would be responsible for forecasting both inline and pipeline assets as assigned, and requires strong consultancy orientation with the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with key stakeholders in the organization.
- Drive and lead forecasting and analytics work streams for a variety of TA portfolios, as assigned, with focus on development of assumption and forecast model with effective narrative to stakeholders. Ensure key levers and market events are rigorously assessed and included in the forecast. Conduct forecast sensitivities on identified drivers and barriers
- Lead forecast reviews with the Brand /Franchise; create/author robust presentations of forecast inputs/outputs that effectively drive decisions and outline the risks and opportunities associated with the recommended forecasts and documentation of forecast assumptions
- Partner with marketing, medical affairs, market insights, competitive intelligence (CI), clinical/R&D, finance teams to identify market research and CI activities to be explored as an input to informing forecasts. Cultivate meaningful internal partnerships, adding value and insights for the organization
- Develop analytical approach to inform forecasts for each brand in the portfolio. Develop framework to standardize, automate and embed advanced analytics into forecasting process.
- Own long range strategic forecasts (inline/pipeline assets, BD&L, long-term demand planning, life-cycle management initiatives, etc.) while delivering strategic insights during the organization’s annual planning process
- Ensure appropriate resources are planned and assigned to projects in timely fashion. Provide inputs to and maintain portion of forecasting/analytics budget covering project/vendor costs, operational expenses etc
- Drive innovation through objective analyses and the integration of insights enabling organizational decision making and action. Influence business partners at all levels to incorporate insights into decision making
- Champion the development and implementation of analytics approaches and methods that are innovative and examples of best practices.
- Help support the valuation of potential in-licensing/business development opportunities
- Support global forecasting/analytics lead in development of forecasting/analytics center of excellence
Bachelor degree in business, science or related field; Master’s degree or MBA preferred in one of the following fields: Business Administration, Math, Statistics, Engineering or Finance
7 years' commercial experience including analytics, forecasting and market research/support of product launch
Pharmaceutical or biotech experience required
Experience with a variety of TAs such as Immunology/Neurology, Hematology, Cardiovascular/Metabolic, Transplant/Nephrology as well as specialty product, forecasting/analytics is considered a plus
Experience working in multi-site/global environment
Strong leadership and management experience building, developing, empowering and retaining a team
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job documentation where applicable.