Analyst, R&D Business Operations
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Analyst of Business Operations is an integral member of the Strategic Business Operations team within PPM-BOSS; responsible for providing financial and resource information, guidance and coordination to support all functions within the assigned area of the R&D organization allowing it to operate effectively. The incumbent will support and conduct daily activities associated with:
- Managing the generation, routing, and approval workflows for Purchase Orders in SAP
- Support Outsourcing tasks and functions
- Investigator Payment reconciliation
- Ad hoc Projects
Manage Purchase Orders -
PO’s are a critical link between cash and forecasting and the analyst is the intersection of managing the PO’s and SAP information while working closely with the Sr. Managers to ensure contracts, forecasts, and Purchase Orders align correctly.
- Perform goods receipts and ensure paid invoices are accurate to work performed and aligned to trial/project budget
- Perform SAP transactions (e.g. Purchase Requisition, Goods Receipt, etc)
- Monitor the value of purchase orders relative to vendor contracts.
- Assess cash burn-rate for outsourced work relative to PO and manage under-/over-run accordingly
Support Outsourcing tasks and functions -
- Route contracts for execution with document management system
- Maintain contracts in Seqirus document management system
Investigator Payment reconciliation -
- Obtain Site Payment reports from CRO’s
- Perform analysis of data relative to plan
- Create report identifying any observations to be communicated to clinical stakeholders
Ad Hoc Projects -
- The Analyst will provide support, and may independently complete, ad hoc projects for Business or PM Operations. Ad hoc projects in Business Operations typically target two main categories: Improvement projects and Analysis projects. At any point during the fiscal year Business Operations has 3-4 ad hoc projects underway and the Analyst will participate in either a support or lead role.
- And other job duties that may be assigned from time to time
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited school is preferable but not required with experience in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry.
- Proficiency or adaptability to highly matrixed organizations
- Experience with clinical budgets, SAP, and invoicing
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Experience in SAP (or similar enterprise financial database)
- Effective delivery of objectives in a complex matrix environment
- Ability to deal with rapid change
- Effective verbal & written communication skills in a cross functional environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Proactively owns and drives assigned tasks to completion
- Solution driven
- Customer focused