Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Responsible for managing shift production staff and workflow to consistently meet or exceed shift production schedules, delivering the highest quality product, while ensuring the safety of all personnel on shift. The shift supervisor will have overall responsibility for the shift – from bulk solution, compounding, bag printing, filling and overwrap, sterilization and final inspection.
- Provide leadership of and direction to Group Leaders, Assistant Group Leaders and Operators.
- Manage the staffing of temporary employees in conjunction with outside temporary staffing agency.
- Ensure the subordinate’s performance is at or above established quality and productivity standards and associated disciplinary actions as required.
- Responsible for subordinate performance reviews of direct reports.
- Investigate and resolve employee conflict resolution incidents in partnership with Human Resources.
- Recommend hiring selection, disciplinary actions, terminations, demotions and promotions.
- Monitor all shift operations to assure department’s ability to perform to standards and meet or exceed its production schedule with minimal amount of downtime and waste, as well as full utilization of machine, materials and equipment.
- Publish status reports regarding the department’s quality and productivity performance.
- Hold regular scheduled meetings with direct reports.
- Training and development of direct reports in the areas of problem solving methods, print reading, basic math skills, SPC, computer skills, GMP’s, etc.
- Increase departmental labor efficiency and machine utilization by managing the labor force.
- Lead and implement activities of continuous improvement in the manufacturing areas.
- Assist with engineering tests and protocols for quality improvement projects as needed.
- Assist with the completion of department PIR’s (Product Investigation Reports)/CAPA’s (Corrective Action Preventive Action)/NCMR (Non-Conforming Material Report) in a timely manner and data entry of such.
- Reduce the work of in-process inventory and improvement systematic solutions to batching of parts.
- Provide skills training to the floor and promote teamwork and involvement from all employees.
- Ensure all departmental documentation reflects current assembly practices. Submit changes as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is required
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum five (3-5) years’ supervisory experience in a progressive medium to high volume manufacturing environment, preferably within an FDA and/or ISO regulated industries.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook is required
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of standard production metrics (e.g. productivity, efficiency, utilization, etc.)
- Customer / Quality Focus: basic understanding of product quality systems, TQM and statistical problem solving techniques. Able to adhere to strict manufacturing practices and product quality specifications. Ability to understand customer requirements and importance of satisfying those requirements
(physical & mental requirements)
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Influences or negotiates with internal contacts where conflicting objects may inhibit reaching a solution
- Understands complex problems to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the department’s creditability, operations and services
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications to limited scope or impact, etc. and/or to make presentations outside the immediate work area
- Ability to compute, analyze and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes
- Frequently sitting up to 70% of the time
- Walking and standing occasionally up to 30% of the time
- Use hands to reach, finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels
- Occasionally exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials
- Constantly required to wear personal protective equipment
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.