Facilities Program Manager
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This position is responsible for Kankakee site facilities’ contracts for hard and soft services, oversight of workspace occupancy and space planning, and site signage that support current business operations in the near and long term for the CSL Behring, Kankakee site.
Contribute to vendor relationships and budgets for hard and soft facilities services.
Build and maintain relationships with all internal stakeholders to ensure the service delivery performance of the vendors exceeds expectations.
Ensure delivery of value realization by vendors and monitor overall performance against developed KPIs and metrics.
Identify the areas of vendor service delivery for which compliance is required. Balance risk and compliance needs with business strategies to guide decisions for related process requests. Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].
Maintain KPI's and processes to ensure that financial milestones, contractual obligations, compliance requirements and milestone liabilities associated with vendor services are appropriately managed.
Oversee site occupancy planning and space management to ensure all space allocation plans are aligned with CSLs global approach and guidelines, and all scenarios maximize use of space.
Oversee CAD services for space planning drawings, including but not limited to furniture layouts, and lab equipment layouts.
Manage macro-level space allocation plans for business functions, forecasting space inventory changes year-to-year.
Manage near and long-term space requirements, with a vision on how vacant space can be consolidated to enable collaboration with departmental adjacencies.
Ensure space planning changes do not violate NFPA Life Safety code requirements (exits, exit passageways, aisle widths, etc.)
Manage all furniture inventory areas and receive all furniture for the site.
Drive a consistent/ standardized program for way finding signs and all other signage installation onsite.
Collaborate with counterparts at other CSL sites to leverage best practices and drive consistency
Bachelor’s degree in preferably business, scientific, or technology field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of facility management in a biotechnical/ pharmaceutical industry is highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of facilities management and workspace management.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill and ability to manage computer-based facilities and space management systems, including use of CAD.
- Strong organizational and time management skills including ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Basic knowledge of building codes; ability to inspect and determine the adaptability and cost of renovation of existing structures; knowledge of related state and federal regulations and statutes is highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work effectively with vendors, staff and users at all levels.
Preferred Qualifications/ Skills
- Considerable knowledge of pharmaceutical facilities, space inventory and management.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD, Archibus/ Sierraview, MS Office applications, Power BI and SAP is preferred.
- Technical experience in database systems development and maintenance.