Associate Business Systems Consultant – Data and Integration
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Business System Consultant will be a default point of contact for US Commercial BTS (IT) and will work directly with business and technology teams to support the data integration efforts across critical business processes and various IT systems.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Perform duties as Data Consultant & Project Manager for BTS integration projects related to Commercial CRM (Customer Relationship Management), MDM (Master Data Management), SMDW (Sales and Marketing Datawarehouse0
- Partner with Brand teams, MABI (Marketing Analytics and Business Insights), Customer Experience (CX), Customer Analytics (CA), Master Data Management Team for projects and enhancements
- Initiate and Plan Integration projects. Works with business team to establish project goals, objectives and deliverables.
- Gather business requirements, perform data related analysis, investigation and audits
- Executing and Closing projects: Develops and executes a project plan obtaining authorized resources to ensure all activities are performed. Gather lessons learned and obtain final project approval from stakeholders.
- Project Communication: Communicate project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status & decision support information to project team
- Resource and Team Management: Coordinate resources to ensure project needs are addressed and effectively assign tasks and deliverables to team members based upon their abilities.
- Responsible for delivering precise functional specifications to include process workflows, business rules, interface design specification and source to target data mapping to the integration team.
- Works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and needs and opportunities for improvement; identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative IT solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices.
- Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing IT capabilities.
- Develops information systems strategies that meet the requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. Reviews testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete.
- Conducts training. Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue generating business benefits. Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Manages relationships between clients involved and IT organizations to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within IT community on behalf of customers; coordinates system solutions.
- Allies with other IT functional areas to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps IT managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization and for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience; PhD with 0 years’ experience
- Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, mapping documents for data integration and technical requirements
- Ability to function effectively in an environment with multiple and fluctuating priorities
- Excellent communication skills, with tact and diplomacy
- Experience working with cross-functional team
- Experience in data analysis and data audits
- Experience in requirements gathering and writing functional specification for Data Integration and Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) processes
- Experience writing Structured Query Language (SQL queries)
- Prior experience in requirements gathering for data integration in Master Data Management Systems (MDM), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and Reporting systems is preferred
- Experience working with third party vendors and suppliers
- Experience working in Agile environment.
- Prior experience as Product Owner is preferred
- Prior knowledge of JIRA/Scrum experience preferred
- Preferred technical skills: Toad for Oracle, Teradata SQL Assistant, Excel Macro, Visio
- Preferred knowledge: Project Management, good understanding Pharma Commercial related CRM, Master data, Sales data from third party vendors like IQVIA, SHA, Specialty Pharmacy etc., Salesforce Alignment operations data
- AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day)
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.