Associate Director, Market Access Marketing- Womens Health
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, Market Access Marketing- Womens Health supports Market Access marketing strategy for Women’s Health portfolio. Serves as the Market Access subject matter expert for the Women’s Health Brand Teams they support. Leverages data, analytics and a strategic mind-set in all aspects of running the marketing component of the business. Provides positive leadership and influences cultural alignment with the Market Access Cultural Vision.
- Provide support for Marketing vision, strategies, plans and resource investment for the portfolio of Women’s Health products across multiple therapeutic areas. Encompasses a “One AbbVie” mindset and perspective in all strategies.
- Set tone and priorities for scale and scope of accountability. Be able to partner, influence, educate and persuade across multiple external and internal stakeholders and partners to implement and execute the Market Access strategy. Infuse AbbVie Ways of Working and Talent Philosophy in day-to-day leadership and management of the business.
- Determine appropriate action, execution, tracking and monitoring of projects. Employ segmentation, positioning, innovation, creative development, investment optimization as needed, with responsibility for promotional budget management.
- Lead KPI performance metrics and access coverage audits and reporting. Serve as Integrated Brand Team (IBT) and Market Access Channel lead.
- Continue to enhance value proposition(s) that conveys the clinical and economic solution provided by the Women’s Health therapeutic portfolio by understanding and articulating the business implications and economic choices for each stakeholder.
- Plan and execute across multiple WH product workstreams, strategies and tactics (pricing and contracting responsibility, field leadership interactions, channel-specific resources, RWE pull-through, Label updates, Congress Assets and Fast Start Support).
- Take lead in Brand Planning process (1-7-5), development, and presentations to Market Access, Brand and Senior Commercial Leadership.
- Lead competitive readiness initiatives via implementation of strategic initiatives and Payer stakeholder research to ensure long-term portfolio success.
- Proactively monitor and engage on government and/or payer policy that has the potential to affect access to AbbVie’ Women’s Health Franchise..
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Pharmaceutical experience required; minimum of 3+ years
- Proven marketing experience required
- Market Access experience preferred for internal candidates, required for external candidates.
- Women’s Health portfolio experience preferred but not required.
- Cross-functional experiences including field sales, finance, market analytics valued.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to deliver on timelines required.
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude required.
- 20-30% travel required (COVID dependent)
**This position will be filled as a grade 20, depending on experience**
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.