Associate Scientist II Cell/Mol Bio
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Immunology is dedicated to identifying break-through therapies for inflammatory and auto-immune diseases that will have a remarkable impact on patients’ lives. The Molecular Pharmacology group is seeking an associate scientist responsible for conducting in vitro studies on the characterization of drug candidate molecules and the validation of drug targets.
- Design and perform biochemical and cellular studies of drug potency and mechanism of action
- Analysis and interpretation of quantitative data
- Effectively organize and communicate research progress and activities through oral and written presentations
- Read and apply relevant scientific literature
- Maintenance of accurate and current records of research
Level and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- BS or MS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or a related discipline
- Experience with cellular assays: 2nd messenger, proliferation, phospho-protein analysis, gene reporter, and release of soluble mediators
- Experience with biochemical assays: enzymatic activity, binding
- Experience with cell culture and the preparation and testing of primary immune cells
- Familiarity with next generation sequencing methods and analysis
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, curious of the science, and desiring to learn novel in vitro pharmacology techniques
- Experience with use of laboratory automation equipment
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with spreadsheets and curve-fitting programs
- Candidate must be highly collaborative and thrive in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong organizational, communication, and inter-personal skills
- 3+ (BS) or 0+ (MS) years of relevant lab experience
Key Leadership Qualifications:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.