Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
Cellarity is seeking an energetic, talented and highly motivated Scientist to join our in vivo Pharmacology team to help identify and drive our lead candidates to IND and early clinical studies. The candidate will contribute to drug development efforts focused on diseases with high unmet medical need across a variety of indications. The candidate will help establish disease animal models and integrate them into the drug discovery and development pipeline. The ideal candidate must be independent, driven, open-minded, curious, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- The Scientist in the In Vivo Pharmacology group will be responsible for animal drug discovery research activities (study design to execution and analysis) related to pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and efficacy studies from early exploratory to IND stage
- Develop in house capability to test drug efficacy in rodent models of disease and test pipeline molecules to establish proof of concept and understand mechanism of action
- Hands-on contribution to planning, design and execution of in vivo pharmacology studies aimed at building pharmacologic relationships between drug exposure, target engagement, pharmacodynamic biomarkers and efficacy of Cellarity’s compounds
- Train and potentially manage junior members of the team in disease model induction and understanding drug pharmacology and efficacy
- Work collaboratively with members of the in vivo pharmacology team to achieve team goals and support organizational goals
- Analyze data from in vivo pharmacology studies and perform statistical analysis.
- The candidate will be expected to initiate and oversee any necessary external collaborations including CROs and academic labs
- Prepare reports in a timely manner and present data both internally and externally as needed
- PhD in, Physiology, Developmental Biology, or Pharmacology with 3+ years of experience in industry
- Proven track record of performing in vivo procedures in rodents, including preparation and administration of dosing solutions via intravenous, oral gavage, intraperitoneal, and subcutaneous routes
- Experience in developing ex vivo analytical assays such as ELISA, FACS, MSD
- Ability to work collaboratively with various groups across the organization to ensure success
- Experience with tissue processing and IHC/histological techniques would be a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and excited to work in a fast past dynamic scientific environment
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.