Director of Strategic Outsourcing
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You'll Make
- Build strategic relationships with a network of partners (CROs, CMOs) to ensure Recursion to rapidly improve our pipeline of drug candidates.
- Develop and implement advanced negotiation strategies to accelerate pipeline advancement and recognize economies of scale.
- Partner with our technical and scientific leaders to select vendors, ensure delivery on scope of work, and resolve issues.
- Guide robust performance management strategies and track performance to inform vendor selection across the company.
The Team You'll Join
You'll become an important member of the Business Operations team that designs and supports the systems, processes, and tools that help accomplish our mission. Developing an outsourcing approach that allows us to use our scale will allow you to leave your mark as we continue to grow! You will develop collaborative and cross-functional relationships throughout the company as we aim to decode biology and radically improve lives!
The Experience You'll Need
- BS required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years dedicated procurement experience in the biopharmaceutical industry specifically dealing with contract research and manufacturing organizations.
- Proven track record of increased savings and delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to partner, manage and influence cross-functionally.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a highly dynamic R&D company strongly preferred.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility**
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars**
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking**
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.