Lab Manager, In Vitro Pharmacology
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Influence - guide and support daily operations and decision making within a dynamic and rapidly growing wet lab environment
- Deliver - apply your knowledge of lab management best practices to establish policies and procedures that support lab team members to be able to do their best work.
- Achieve - build a high performance lab environment by coordinating on and achieving goals and performance benchmarks based on input from group leaders and lab members
- Collaborate - work in a cross-functional matrix organization with fellow biologists, chemists, data scientists, data engineers, and EH&S specialists with a passion for drug discovery
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll join the In Vitro Pharmacology team at Recursion, a department of over 25 scientists and associates focused on developing assays and delivering in vitro data that inform on the efficacy and liabilities of our assets. Together with our cross-functional partners, we generate the data, systems, tools, and methods that accelerate the discovery of treatments for pathologies that affect the lives of countless individuals.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of applicable lab management experience, preferably in an industry setting
- Experience helping onboard lab associates and scientists into a lab environment
- Experience managing a wide array of lab equipment and supporting expert end users with the development and maintenance of instrument QC protocols and relevant SOPs
- Experience generating capex proposals and working with key stakeholders to approve, purchase, and onboard new lab equipment
- Experience working with waste management (chemical and biological)
- Knowledge of lab safety policies (i.e.chemical, biological, BSL2+)
- Ability to develop and grow project specific safety programs in coordination with EH&S team members
- Skills to determine and implement improvements in lab operations, workflow and team dynamics
- Experience working with project, data and task management applications and software tools (e.g., Asana, LabArchives, Splunk, etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with lab automation equipment is a plus
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility**
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars**
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking**
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.