Program Manager, Clinical Development
Director, Sr. Director
Avidity Bioscience’s Program and Project Management Department is growing as the company transitions into its next horizon. We are building infrastructure in a fit-for-purpose manner to solidify the discipline of Program and Project Management within the company. This position will support the successful operational aspects of our development programs as new processes and infrastructure are created to support our team’s success in developing medicines for patients with unmet medical need. In collaboration with internal functional leaders and scientific subject matter experts, the project manager will integrate scientific and business priorities to drive effective execution of the program deliverables. Additionally, the project manager will play a critical role in the resource/financial management and forecasting of individual projects on an ongoing basis. The ideal candidate is a strong, multifaceted individual that is passionate about the empowerment of teams. The successful candidate will work with the development team and the Development Global Leader to create, implement and drive the successful integrated strategic development program.
- Serve as the Program Manager for cross-functional drug development programs.
- Be a role model: inspire team members to achieve ambitious goals, provide feedback and mentorship to drive high performance, build trust and respect across the team and its members, model corporate culture behaviors and support team members
- Internally and externally communicate a shared, bold vision for the program; exemplify and build a patient-centric program
- Work with critical functions to create and manage integrated strategic development plans that define goals, milestones, decision points, critical path, timeline, risks, assumptions, and alternative scenarios
- Provide drug development and team leadership expertise, and apply program management best practices, to advance development programs.
- Ensure functional area activities are on track and aligned with broader development strategies, timelines, and regulatory requirements.
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholders on the status, objectives, risks, and mitigation plans associated with development programs.
- Contribute to program management departmental initiatives.
- Provide oversight for program budget and make recommendations on ensuring programs are resourced appropriately to hit the corporate goals
- Drive teams to effective decision-making
- Point of contact for integration with corporate processes
- PhD in life sciences, plus a minimum of 6 years of drug development experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum of five years of management experience, including experience managing programs or integrated projects
- Demonstrated expertise with leading cross-functional development teams and utilizing project management practices and tools.
- A background in rare disease, antibody delivery or siRNA a plus
- Organized and detail-oriented while also retaining the ability to see the big picture.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, timeline-driven environment.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and to identify the best path forward.
- Project management and organizational skills, along with problem solving, negotiations skills, conflict resolution, and team building skills.
- Must have a holistic perspective to drug development process across different functional areas and workstreams
- Excellent problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal team and external collaborators.
- Will work tirelessly to foster an environment of transparency, direct dialogue, and exceptional teamwork.
- “Roll up sleeves and get hands dirty” for the benefit of the team and the team’s objectives; be able to wear multiple hats and fill in when needed; hold self as accountable
- A strong team player with a passion for science and helping discover and develop novel therapies for unmet medical needs.