Lead Calibration Technician
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Title: Technician, Maintenance III
Primary function is the maintenance, repair, calibration and improvement of on-site equipment, utilities, facilities and instruments in support of production operations and research and development. Performs mechanical, electrical or metrology support within the maintenance department.
- Performs calibrations, adjustments, and repair of instruments (e.g. pressure, temperature, flow, uV, conductivity etc.) throughout the AbbVie Bioresearch Center (ABC) campus
- Accurately and contemporaneously records data into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Maximo.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Metrology and provides input to Engineering and Digital Systems groups for instrument upgrades.
- Reviews calibration documentation and calibration work orders.
- Primary “rapid responder” to unplanned Metrology requests on first shift.
- Proactively identifies continuous improvement ideas and provides valuable input on new Job Plans and/or Data Sheets.
- Interacts with other stakeholders to ensure business schedule is maintained and deliverables are met on-time and right-first-time.
- Follows instructions in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keeps compliant on training assignments
- Properly gowns when entering cleanroom environments
- Wears appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as required. Promotes a safety culture in the workplace by supporting safety related programs (e.g., actively participating in JSAs). Educates peers on existing hazards in the work area.
- Mentors Jr-level technicians.
- Minimum HS diploma/GED required; Associates Degree or higher in Engineering, Biotechnology, or similar field preferred
- 10+ years of working in cGMP related environments with direct experience with instrument calibration and repair
- Familiarity with using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) – Maximo preferred
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.