Associate Director, Channel Optimization and Measurement
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, Channel Optimization and Measurement is a member of the Digital Transformation team and is responsible for developing and advancing the analytical framework for assessing and optimizing omni-channel performance in our international markets. The Associate Director will be responsible for defining the overall roadmap for channel performance monitoring and optimization, alignment for the channel measurement framework across global, area and affiliate organizations, and leading the development of metrics, benchmarks and performance analysis for each channel.
- Develop the overall omni-channel analytics strategy and measurement approach:
- Responsible to work with key stakeholders to understand business objectives in order to define the overall analytics strategy, approach and execution for omni-channel performance measurement and optimization
- Ensure buy-in, alignment and adoption of measurement framework, performance metrics and definitions across global, area and affiliate teams.
- Continually monitor new advancements and best practices in the digital ecosystem including data collection, customer profiling, customer journey analytics, and advancements in digital measurement to ensure the team is always delivering advanced, innovative solutions
- Deliver insights and analysis to optimize omni-channel planning and execution
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to provide actionable insights for the effectiveness of omni-channel promotional activities to support of brand functional and tactical plans and assess performance and recommend optimizations to ongoing omni-channel execution.
- Lead the design, development and continuous improvement of robust, sustainable and scalable analytics platform and performance tracking dashboards for digital channels, identifying insights and opportunities for improvement, working with business analytics teams
- Partner with BTS and Winning with Data teams to manage the data management platform and data sources required to enable analytics strategy
- Ensure data collection across all channels and coordinate the tagging of digital assets to support robust reporting and analysis
- Ensure availability of all channel data into data management platform, as well as development of global use cases leveraging omni-channel measurement frameworks
- Create an analysis/ data source/ tech roadmap to continue to enhance the capability
- BA or BS degree required. Knowledge and experience in analytics and working with digital data sources is a must.
- 7+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years in data analytics functions in Digital Marketing required; previous healthcare industry (specifically Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences experience) preferred.
- Strong digital data & analytics skills across an integrated digital ecosystem; ability to turn data into insight and action
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving, and consulting skills with a strong background in working on measurement plans and developing insights for marketers.
- Experience using marketing technologies like Marketo, Salesforce and Google Analytics for tracking and analyzing marketing activity data. Experience using Veeva CRM data is a plus.
- Ability to build data visualizations using tools such as Qlik, Tableau, Power BI; Familiarity with SQL, R, Python, PySpark is a plus.
- Strategic thinker, keeping big picture in mind while ensuring execution excellence. Ability to clearly communicate data insights and implications for senior level consumption.
- Excellent project management and creative problem-solving skills
- Good understanding and knowledge of pharmaceutical data sources such as IQVIA, as well as syndicated market research data sources
- Global / Multi-national experience with complex stakeholder interests a plus
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.