Associate Director, Corporate Healthcare
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Description: Associate Director, Corporate Accounts
Job Summary: Developing, communicating, and implementing the Account Strategic Plans for designated key accounts, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), and regional group purchasing organizations (GPOs) as assigned by group leader.
Principal Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Negotiating, developing, communicating and renewing profitable contracts with assigned regional GPOs, IDNs and key accounts.
- Developing and implementation of comprehensive contract rollout plans to insure compliance
- Providing strategic direction for the field sales organization, which leads to increased compliance, market share and profits
- Communicating on customer contracts, key target shareholder accounts, including periodic updates on status and direction
- Administration of contract documents, membership lists, extensions, amendments, and any special communications as it relates to customer contracts
- Promoting availability as a resource on all aspects of customer contract negotiation and implementation
- Targeting and converting key targeted acute care hospitals, IDN, & shareholder opportunities
- Working with assigned GPOs and shareholders to sell and implement value-added programs
- Working with the Field Sales Team in order to facilitate contract implementation.
Skills and Experiences:
- Develop relationships with regional GPOs, IDNs and assigned Strategic Account Systems
- Negotiate / sell deals and programs to assigned accounts
- Develop and implement strategies / tactics for business retention and profitable growth within assigned accounts and geography
- Develop and present reports, business reviews, and analysis for the National Accounts / field sales team and customers and targets
- Development of strategy and tactics to convert target accounts. Review opportunity plans of target accounts
- Training and development of field sales representatives
- Development and implementation of regional GPOs and key shareholder/IDN system strategy and tactics
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field
- At least 5 years of medical device experience
- 2 years of medical sales management and GPO/IDN contracting experience in health care or related experience
- Experience with negotiating custom contracts and selling value.
- Demonstrated track record of sales/contracting success in large accounts
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Experience National Account Strategic Plans
- Experience with business strategy and key drivers for effective training programs
- Experience with health care industry sales
- Demonstrated management, coaching and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Ability to understand and communicate economic and clinical information
- Ability to develop and maintain senior account relationships
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve business goals
- Ability to help set goals and strategic objectives, then balance short-term goals with a strategic vision
- Ability to travel 50-75%
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in business relationships
- At least 3 years’ experience in hospital physician preference medical device sales with GPO/IDN responsibility
- At least 10 years of sales experience
Significant Work Activities
Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.