Financial Analyst, R&D BD and Alliances
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The R&D, BD and Alliances, Financial Analyst assists with the financial planning and analysis and reporting processes and requirements for R&D Collaboration Alliances. The role will also assist with building R&D cost forecasts for BD assessments. The role interacts cross-functionally to provide accurate and timely FP&A and reporting deliverables supporting AbbVie R&D Business Development objectives and Collaboration requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Prepare R&D Collaboration Reporting to Partners, reviews and monitors spending vs. budget benchmarks, and coordinates related reimbursement settlements based on cost sharing term provisions of individual Collaboration Agreements.
• Prepare Collaboration annual R&D Budget Plans and Forecast Updates in compliance with Collaboration contractual requirements and to support decision making by Collaboration Governance.
• Assist with monthly R&D Alliances accounting and flash reporting, including calculation and recognition of R&D partner funding (offset to R&D), Partner managed expenses, and R&D milestones. Prepare relevant variance analysis and commentary, and coordinate balance sheet reconciliations and forecasts for R&D Alliances accounts.
• Prepare R&D costing models for BD assessments, working with cross functional contacts to collect model inputs and assumptions.
• Responsible for update and maintenance of R&D Alliances system loads for monthly LBEs and calculating monthly partner funding.
• Provide Finance support for the transition and operationalization of newly executed Collaboration agreements into R&D Organization, including coordinating with Partners design and implementation of reporting & reimbursement settlement processes as applicable to meet contractual and Governance requirements.
• Leads ad hoc analysis, projects and processes improvements as needed.
• BA degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA a plus.
• Minimum 2-3 years+ of progressive and related experience
• Strong financial, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Attention to detail and pro-active thought and decision making skills
• Able to work well independently and in a team oriented environment
• Proficient Excel skills required. Knowledge of SAP and TM1 a plus
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.