Associate Director, XEN Marketing
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Product Director, XEN®, is responsible for tactical execution of the U.S. marketing initiatives for the Glaucoma Surgical platform. This role’s key responsibilities are to assist with the development and execution of strategic marketing plans that contribute strong growth to the business and drive category leadership. Collaborating closely with internal stakeholders, field sales and customers, this person assists with product positioning, key messaging and brand strategies to drive overall growth. This person will manage various marketing programs (including media, non-personal promotion, rep delivered promotions and professional marketing) for the franchise and will coordinate closely with clinical training and sales training to ensure clinical and sales effectiveness.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Develop key marketing materials including digital selling tools, brochures for HCP personal, fulfilment and non-personal promotion
- Present, lead, and negotiate pieces through the legal, regulatory, and medical review process
- Provide brand support for national and regional congresses and society meetings.
- Partner closely with field sales team to drive commercial strategy.
- Coordinate the work of multiple external vendors and internal departments including marketing, strategic communications, training, market research, legal, regulatory, and compliance
- Develop effective working relationships with sales force, key physicians, brand teams and executive leadership. Stay abreast of industry trends in glaucoma, anterior segment and eyecare.
- Collaborate and maintain a high level of communication with cross-functional partners
- Responsible for budget coordination and management
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required; Master's degree from an accredited institution preferred
- Minimum 5 years of healthcare sales/marketing experience required
- 3-5 years product management experience in direct to physician marketing preferred
- Healthcare industry experience with an established track record in managing industry-based marketing function
- Analytical skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to execute key strategies and initiatives
- Physician/KOL relationship experience
- Ability to work across multiple stakeholders
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
- Clear communication skills, both verbal/presentation and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Ability to travel
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.