Principal / Sr. Scientist, Upstream Viral Vector Group
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer and other diseases. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors and T cell receptor-like antibodies to enhance selective tumor targeting, facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response, and improve persistence for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adicetbio.com.
PRINCIPAL/SENIOR SCIENTIST, UPSTREAM VIRAL VECTOR GROUP
Adicet Bio is developing a next generation manufacturing process to advance our platform of “off-the-shelf” immune cell products. We are currently seeking individuals for our viral vector group as we advance our production platforms. The position offers a chance to be part of a highly motivated team, applying the latest cell culture and bioprocessing practices to facilitate development of our proprietary cell therapies.
We are currently seeking an energetic and experienced individual with a strong background in viral vector process development to join our Upstream Viral Vector team. The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of Adicet’s production platform by developing, characterizing, and optimizing viral vector production procedures designed to support research and manufacturing pipelines.
The individual will serve as a program lead reporting to the Head of Viral Vector Operations. Working in collaboration with other junior scientists, as well as the Downstream and Analytical vector teams, the successful candidate will guide development programs for vector generation, media optimization, cell-line development, and other aspects of viral vector production. This person will also work with other Technical Operations teams and external groups in order to align on goals, meet project timelines, and deliver a consistent and robust viral vector product.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate operations of Upstream Viral Vector scientific staff.
- Design experimental approaches to optimize cell growth and viral vector yield from adherent and suspension cultures.
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Serve as an SME for upstream viral vector applications, and data interpretation when communicating with external groups.
- Drafting and editing of standard operating procedures, sampling plans, technical documents, and batch records for regulatory or tech transfer purposes.
- Source and assess new equipment and technologies in order to expand and improve upstream culturing capabilities.
- Contribute to budget and goal planning of the Upstream Viral Vector group.
UPSTREAM VIRAL VECTOR DEVELOPMENT -- QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced degree with a background in biology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, cell & molecular biology, or related life science field is required. Doctoral degree or master’s degree with 2+ years or 4+ years post-graduate experience, respectively.
- Considerable direct experience with viral vector production applications is required. Candidates having prior experience with cell line development or media optimization will be given strongest preference.
- Experience in working in a BSL-2 environment is required.
- Candidates having previous experience with suspension cultures and stirred-tank bioreactor systems will be given strongest preference.
- Familiarity with current principles and technical platforms for monitoring cell growth, viability, metabolism, etc., is expected.
- Familiarity with factorial experimental design and DOE software (JMP, Design-Expert, etc.) is desired.
- Experience with retroviral transgene design and optimization would be useful.
- Previous experience conducting technology transfers to external CMOs or adapting client-derived upstream process as a part of a CMO is desirable.
- Flow cytometry, ELISA, and qPCR experience is desirable.
- Qualified candidates should be detail oriented with an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to mentor individuals to achieve organization, team and individual objectives while adhering to the company values (fearless, accountable, collaborative).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and other commonly used software and technology programs.
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.