We are rapidly growing and looking for talented people who are self-driven, enjoy wearing many hats, and thrive in a collaborative environment. Join us in building a new generation of natural resources and applications that can Link up to Life™. "
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Biophysicist in San Diego or Claremont, CA with 3-5 years of laboratory experience in protein and /or DNA structural characterization techniques and analysis. This person will be primarily responsible for directing measurements and characterization as a part of an effort in development of new electronic tools for biomolecule characterization.
- Background in biophysics and chemistry/biochemistry.
- PhD in biophysics, structural-biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or other related engineering fields.
- Understanding of protein structure (Understanding statistical behavior, and mathematical description is a plus).
- Familiarity with single molecule biophysics and/or cryo-EM studies.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to determine next steps.
- Highly creative and inventive problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- Eager to be part and participate in a fast pace multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Experience with sensors and single molecule analysis is a plus
- Familiarity working with programming for data collection and analyzing data sets.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Work as a part of a team to design electronic molecular characterization systems
- Work independently as a subject matter expert to direct experiment and data analysis and help design future experiments.
- Work routinely with other departments to solve problems and devise experimental plans.
- Develop experimental plans, deliverables and milestones.
- Protocol development and timely delivery of experimental reports.