Associate Director, Informatics
Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren't constrained by typical end rails, and we aren't out to just treat people. We're all in this for something more. We're driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
How You Will Achieve More With Intellia:
Intellia Therapeutics is seeking an Associate Director of Informatics to support the development of CRISPR/Cas9 based therapeutics. This position is an opportunity to contribute to diverse aspects of Intellia's bioinformatics platform including overseeing the management of computational scientists and projects, working with bench scientists, and performing analyses of genomics datasets. Specifically, this position will focus on leading projects and people to perform computational analyses to aid in the development of cell therapies for immuno-oncology.
- Develop and support NGS pipelines using commonly utilized tools (BWA, bowtie, samtools, etc.)
- Apply rigorous statistical methods for testing hypotheses on processed data
- Familiarity with SQL and the use of relational databases
- Work with scientists to develop computational methods and tools to support new assays and implement data analyses
- Create scientifically rigorous visualizations, communications, and presentations of results
- BS/MS in Bioinformatics or related field with 10+ years of industry experience
- PhD in Bioinformatics or related field with 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience managing computational scientists and projects
- Demonstrated ability to write code in R, Python, Perl, or C++
- Familiarity with Linux and shell scripting/bash
- Experience processing and analyzing biological data, specifically sequencing data
- Ability to translate user requirements into analysis pipelines or tools
- Strong communication, time management, and presentation skills
- Experience with software development in a cloud environment (AWS) is a plus
- Preferred experience working with immuno-oncology or cancer genomics datasets
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.