Senior Network/Cloud Engineer, Full time position
We are searching for a Senior Network/Cloud Engineer to support the Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications in North Bethesda, MD. This is a full-time position with full benefits. You will start out working remotely until we beat Covid. We are looking for those IT professionals that enjoy having a passion for what they do and want to work for an organization that gives back to the community. That's what a position at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) will give you is an opportunity to contribute to the betterment of America's public health system. Be on the cutting edge as discoveries are made to improve your countries health!
Duties & Responsibilities
The Senior Network/Cloud Engineer will provide support with the network, security, engineering systems, HPC and cloud expereince.
- Utilize your experience in multiple disciplines including high performance computing (HPC), cloud, architecture, design, network, security and systems to implement and provide advanced system engineering services to the National institutes of Health (NIH).
- Manage, administer and support daily operation of computing systems both onsite and in the cloud.
- Design, implement and maintain scalable High-Availability (HA) and Fault-Tolerant (FT) computing systems.
- Following the best cloud computing practice by utilizing Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2) and other advanced technical cloud features.
- Investigate and provide technical options to managers and researchers for selecting effective computing solutions based on requirements.
- Minimum five years of hands-on systems administration/engineering experience with Linux.
- Minimum three years with Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing.
- Extensive administration experience in GPU-based platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing computing performance and measurement.
- Comprehensive knowledge of security compliance and security control.
- Proficient skills in shell scripting, Ruby, Perl or Python.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to identify priorities to accomplish a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work with people at every level.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Configuration Management (CM) process and software development tools such as Git, GitLab, Nexus, Jenkins, Maven or JIRA.
- Knowledge of statistics, numeric modeling, data analyzing and machine learning.
- Administration experience in F5 load balancing.
- Knowledge of FISMA and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process.
- AWS certification at Professional level.
- Experience with cloud CLI and SDK.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or other equivalent engineering disciplines from a reputable college.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.