Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, Immunology
The Biology group is seeking a motivated, energetic, and skilled individual who wishes to play a role in advancing novel immunotherapy drug candidates from the discovery phase into the clinic..
The role will be responsible for executing a variety of experiments using in vivo models and in vitro assays in order to validate new targets and understand mechanism of action and pharmacodynamic properties of drug candidates. A successful candidate will contribute as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment to plan and execute experiments and subsequently collate, document, interpret, and present data internally.
- Bachelor’s degree in cell biology, immunology, or a related field and have a minimum of 1-2 years’ research experience, preferably in an industry setting.
- Experience with in vivo models, isolation and culture of primary cells, and a working knowledge of immune-based in vitro assays, flow cytometry, common molecular techniques, and data analysis/visualization software.
- Candidates should have a track record of success in experimentally addressing scientific questions and objectives.
- Preferred personalities are willing to learn and adapt quickly, take initiative when warranted, are amenable to changing objectives and goals, and are interested and engaged in the science behind the experimental objective.
- Excellent soft skills are desired while attention to detail and an ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives is required.
Arcus Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer.