Senior Network Engineer
Our IT team is looking for a dynamic Senior Network Engineer who has in-depth knowledge of enterprise network configurations, deployment and maintenance. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
This position is an Individual Contributor, reporting to Head of IT.
- Design, implement and provide support for all network-related hardware/software.
- Ensure system uptime and backup for network-related equipment.
- Work with the team on establishing network design principles, practices, implementations, documentation and LAN/WAN maintenance.
- Conduct security assessments (with security team) and make recommendations on data/voice network (LAN, WLAN, WAN, DMZ, Internet), disaster recovery, remote access, network appliances, servers, and directory services security.
- Conduct incident triage and response, including working with firewall and device logs, investigating security events, protecting forensic value of data and establishing monitoring and incident reporting and response procedures.
- Work on establishing consistent metrics and collection methods for device log aggregation and review procedures.
- Assist with defining the objectives of network implementations including developing and reviewing proposals and presentations.
- Oversee security of hosted services and applications including security requirements and architecture, risk analysis, and periodic change reviews.
- Work closely with engineering to help report issues and lead project deliverables and provide status and progress reports.
- Provides tier-3 support for domain area as needed.
- Drive continuous process feedback improvement
- 10+ years hands-on Network/Infrastructure Engineering experience.
- Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot IP and wireless networks, which includes enterprise IP networking, IP network security, authentication, certificates, remote access, network access controls, and IP network management, required.
- Experience in trouble isolation and remediation at layers 1-4 (IP, MAC, RF, and some application level) required.
- Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs; mobile networking, and cloud networking, required.
- Deep experience and knowledge of Cisco networking
- Understanding of networking and routing protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP4 (multi-homing), OSPF (multi-area), RIP, ISIS, etc.
- Working knowledge in the operation of Ethernet LAN switching protocols and standards including, VLANs, VLAN aggregation, Ether Channel, PVLANs, Spanning Tree & Rapid Spanning Tree, 802.1Q.
- Extensive background in planning and crafting projects and analyzing existing network systems and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Expert knowledge of data center design, build-out, and standard methodologies.
- Experience performing configuration and troubleshooting of Aruba & Cisco routing/switching platforms.
- Expert knowledge of firewalls technologies, including VPNs and routing.
- Experience with NGFW products in a highly available enterprise environment.
- Ability to analyze network packet traces (PCAP).
- Deep understanding of network security systems, intrusion detection systems and protocols including, ACE, ACS, VPN, GRE, IPSEC, IKE, TACACS, RADIUS, ACLs, 802.1x, audits, log files, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of DNS and DHCP and Microsoft AD infrastructure.
- Strong analytical skills for interpreting business requirements and translating them into technical specifications.
- Ability to work nights and weekends and provide 24/7 on-call support.
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong willingness to document processes and solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple and competing demands
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Strong grasp of computer security