Research Associate - Cell Core
The Quantitative Biology group is seeking a motivated energetic, and skilled individual who wishes to play a role in advancing novel immunotherapy drug candidates from the discovery phase into the clinic.
The Cell Core Function is responsible for maintaining multiple cell lines in support of a variety of functions throughout Arcus Research and Development. In addition to maintaining stock cells for groups located in three separate buildings, the Function provides Bio Banking, cell-based assay support, stable cell line generation, and bulk cell line production. The position will be responsible for maintaining cell lines as well as assisting in many cross-functional duties under the supervision of a Lab Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of multiple cell lines in multiple locations.
- Interacting with researchers to ensure timely delivery of cells and assay plates.
- Assisting with the general upkeep of the cell culture labs and associated equipment.
- Banking of cell lines in LN2 storage, as well as other Biologics in -80C freezers, requiring some heavy lifting of storage racks.
- Utilizing liquid handling systems and laboratory robotics.
- Utilize data bases for Bio Banking and electronic record keeping, and familiarity with basic analytical software such as Excel and Prism for data analysis.
- Performing practical laboratory work, scheduling day to day tasks, and ensuring timely delivery of quality results.
- Applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree in cell biology, biochemistry or a related field.
- Applicants with experience with mammalian cell culture and related techniques, or demonstrated experience maintaining data bases strongly preferred.
- Applicants with some research experience including assay development, robotic systems, or flow cytometry will be favored.
- Attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple projects, and a strong work ethic is essential.