Senior Research Associate, Protein Sciences
The successful candidate will be joining a growing Protein Science group that is responsible for purification and characterization of recombinant proteins to support assay development, high throughput screening, structural biology, and other research needs.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct independent lab work and interact closely with other scientists within the research organization. They should be able to think critically about complex experiments and collaborate with other scientists to advance research projects. They should possess excellent protein expression and purification skills.
- BS or MS in a Life Science related field with 4+ years of relevant experience.
- A high level of competence in the expression of challenging proteins in bacterial, mammalian, and baculovirus expression systems.
- Extensive experience developing and optimizing protein expression and purification processes.
- Technical proficiency in the use of AKTA instruments, a diverse range of column chromatography methods (Affinity, SEC, IEX, HIC), protein biochemistry and molecular biology techniques.
- Hands-on experience running analytical assays for protein characterization using the following techniques: SEC-HPLC, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, UV-Vis, BCA assay, Bradford assay, qPCR, LAL Endotoxin quantification.
- Ability to work in a dynamic research environment with changing and evolving specifications and requirements. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and eager to take on temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
Arcus Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer.