Biomarker Operations Associate
Locations: Hayward, California
We have an opening for a Biomarker Operations Associate to work on-site at our Hayward facility. The candidate should have experience in clinical sample collection and logistics to work independently and collaboratively with members of the Pharmacodynamics, Immunohistochemistry and Clinical Operations teams. This position is critical to enable the evaluation of patient samples from Arcus’ antibody and small molecule combination clinical studies and will contribute meaningfully to the development of tomorrow’s medicines.
- Work closely with the Biomarker Operations Senior Manager, Biomarker Scientists and Clinical Operations (Clin Ops) to track and handle sample collections, sample reconciliation and biomarker sections of clinical trial documents (lab manuals, SOW, ICF)
- Assist the Biomarker Operations Senior Manager in the creation of sample flow charts and monitoring sample logistics at vendors and labs (testing and storage)
- May collaborate with Clin Ops on site trainings for biomarker collections
- May represent Translational Science function at selected study management team (SMT) meetings
- Assists with arranging for receipt of clinical samples at Arcus and CROs and helps to maintain records in the Arcus clinical sample inventory database
- Responsible for receipt, check in and storage of peripheral blood samples and tumor biopsy samples retrieved from central labs Relay sample collection problems on a routine basis to the Clin Ops team
- BS in life sciences and at least 1-2 years work experience in an industry setting; handling clinical samples and experience with databases/LIMS is a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills, coupled with aptitude and enthusiasm for collaboration and maintaining the integrity of our complex clinical trial sample collections and records.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, along with a solutions-based approach, flexibility, and the ability to focus and deliver on time-sensitive objectives.
Arcus Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer.