Modeling Bifunctional Degraders Post-Doc
Schrödinger's aims to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We deploy these methods through software sales and by using them to advance our own internal drug discovery efforts.
We're currently seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher with experience modeling bifunctional protein degraders, cyclic peptides, macrocycles, peptides, or other beyond rule-of-five molecules to extend the domain of applicability of our tools.
Who will love this job
- A computational chemist who can look beyond conventional small molecules and biologics to identify new therapeutics
- A researcher with a track record of developing or expanding methods to determine these properties in silico and a desire to learn new approaches to the problem
- A proficient coder who has experience using python or other programming languages to implement algorithms and test hypothesis
- An excellent communicator who enjoys working with teammates across disciplines and departments
What you'll do
- Develop computational tools that will aid in the design of bifunctional degraders for internal and external efforts
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences on the tools and their applications
What you should have
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, computer science, or a related field
- Strong scientific programming skills (Python preferred)
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it's people that make a company great. Because of this, we're prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.