Sr Engineer- AML 1 Packaging Area
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
System Owner Sr. Engineer
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will provide and own all the technical aspects in a manufacturing line. It is required to be familiar with processes such as: optimization strategies and/or troubleshooting of operational issues in the operations, packaging manufacturing processes, pilot technologies and/or capital projects. This role will be supporting Inspection and Packaging, a non-standard shift organization including third and weekends shifts as part of the regular working schedule.
- Apply sophisticated and diverse engineering principles to the design and implementation of major system modifications, experiments, process and/or projects.
- Interact and provide direction to technical resources such as Mechanics, Automation Techs and IS teams.
- Define design requirements to the service providers to fulfill area technical and equipment needs.
- Work with other business functions such as research, manufacturing, process development, utilities, facilities, quality assurance and validation departments to support complex systems and/or facilities modifications.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The System Owner - Sr. Engineer professional we seek is an individual contributor with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree in Engineering
Masters degree in Engineering and 3 years of experience in GMP regulated environment
Bachelors degree in Engineering and 5 years of experience in GMP regulated environmentBeyond that, additional preferred qualifications are:
- Maintenance knowledge and experience with automated and manual packaging equipment operation.
- Basic knowledge with validation and documentation processes in a highly regulated environment
- Technical writing and verbal communication in English and Spanish
- Protocol Development and execution requirements.
- Good organization, presentation and change management skills
- Technical knowledge of packaging technologies for parenteral and glass containers
- Computer Literacy
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.