Senior Enterprise Architect
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Enterprise Architecture are technology strategic thought leaders, helping to drive Amgens digital innovation ambitions. We align technology strategies to business imperatives, optimize the value of our technology investments and govern IT architecture standards and practices across the data, application, integration and infrastructure layers; creating value for our staff, our business partners, our shareholders and most importantly our patients.
As the stewards of the CIO information technology strategy (aka City Planning), we are at the forefront of digital innovation acceleration for Amgens manufacturing, commercial, drug research, clinical development and shared services organizations. Our thought leadership drives the awareness, education and implementation of City Planning principles and practices across our global technology communities, advancing Amgens position as a biopharma industry leader.
In this role, the Senior Enterprise Architect will be accountable for
- synchronizing business needs with information technologies and capabilities,
- implementing and maintaining adherence to Amgen's IT standards, principles and practices,
- providing technology consultation to Amgen's business teams, IT teams and partners
- maintaining awareness of technology trends, opportunities and disruptive technologies and their value to Amgen's business
The position requires a candidate with excellent creative vision and strong communications skills, who can articulate and implement that vision across Amgens global architecture and engineering communities. The Senior Enterprise Architect is member of the Enterprise Architecture team in the Office of the CIO, reporting to the Chief Enterprise Architect. He/she has the technical and leadership skills required to advance Amgens digital innovation goals, effectively govern our application, integration and infrastructure technology ecosystem, and will collaborate closely with the Shared Services, Functional architecture and engineering communities to deliver world-class enterprise architecture capabilities.
Key Activities for Role include:
- Govern, manage and advance the optimal technology ecosystem to meet Amgens business needs and digital innovation goals.
- Provide guidance and influence to Solutions Architects and Enterprise Architects, ensuring adherence to Amgens architectural standards and practices.
- Coach and develop other architects
- Member of Amgens Enterprise Architecture Review Board.
- Provide recommendations to maintain alignment between Amgen business capabilities and IT technologies and practices.
- Partner with cross-functional technical teams to evaluate new/disruptive technology value for Amgen.
- Partner with global architect community and business teams to make recommendations to refine and optimize the IT City Plan strategy.
- Domestic and International travel up to 10% may be required in the future.
Doctorate degree and 2 years experience in Enterprise Architecture
Masters degree and 6 years' experience in Enterprise Architecture
Bachelors degree and 8 years' experience in Enterprise Architecture
Associates degree and 10 years' experience in Enterprise Architecture
High school diploma / GED and 12 years' experience in Enterprise Architecture
- Minimum of 5 years experience providing enterprise architecture leadership in Fortune 500, global enterprises.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with TOGAF architecture framework (active certification preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years experience with ITIL service management framework (active certification preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with enterprise cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Salesforce, Veeva, Workday, etc.
- Experience driving digital transformation efforts across application, integration and infrastructure practices.
- Minimum of 3 years experience architecting IT solutions in regulated environments (Life Sciences/Pharma preferred)
- Experience using agile methodologies, including Product Teams, Scrum and Scaled Agile (SAFe)
- Ability to self start and effectively operate within a complex and dynamic environment.
- Experience managing diverse technical resources located across different time zones.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, able to write and publish internal white/position papers, technical documentation, SOPs, architectural specifications and business cases, and be comfortable providing presentations to Executive Leadership.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.