Senior Product Manager: Digital Chemistry
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will manage the development of Recursion’s suite of digital chemistry tools that enable highly efficient exploration and evaluation of chemical space, such as - for example - 3D virtual screening and generative chemical modeling. You will help our team create and implement new approaches to solve chemical problems in drug discovery, exploring the feasibility and utility of methods such as large-scale ligand-based virtual screening, protein target simulations, small molecule property calculations, and machine learning-based predictions. In particular, you will:
- Guide strategy for ongoing initiatives and future opportunities
- Innovate on novel digital chemistry tools
- Multiply a cross-disciplinary team of data scientists, chemists, and engineers
- Plan and coordinate delivery of complex, high-impact initiatives
The Team You’ll Join
Recursion’s Product team translates company-level strategy into specific internal development initiatives and capabilities. We decide what to build and articulate the why, while supporting builders to own the how. We focus our decisions and are held accountable for impact over the longer-term (months to years). Join us to guide the development of the industry’s first truly industrialized drug discovery engine.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 3+ years of experience with digital chemistry, for example in chemical computer simulations and modeling, software development, or computational machine learning for chemistry.
- Demonstrated success in delivering novel systems and solutions
- Experience in product management or similar practice including strategy, planning, prioritizing, building, implementation, and gathering feedback for complex team efforts
- Understand how to translate between experts in engineering, chemistry and data science to identify business needs and find solutions
- Lifelong learner with a creative, collaborative approach
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.