3rd Shift Maintenance Technician I, HVAC
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
To provide multi craft, skilled maintenance support to Abbvie Lake County Facility, Utility, Manufacturing, and R & D laboratories assets.
- Adhere to Abbvie’s code of conduct and safety policies.
Understands the setup, use, repair and replacement of all I/O or BAS controlled systems including but not limited to: Current to Pressure Transducers, Controller Boards, Actuators, Valves, Dampers, Electric Pressure Switches, Pressure Current Sensors, Temperature to Current Sensors, and Humidity to Current Sensors.
- Maintains the function of department assets to ensure production goals and quality standards are met.
- Independently performs senior level maintenance work including but not limited to; machine lubrication, inspection, troubleshooting, repair, and fabrication.
- Accurately documents all maintenance activity in CMMS.
Shift is rotating 12 hour, 4 nights on, 4 nights off.
Work hours are Night shift, 6:00 pm to 6:30 am.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of work experience related to any of the following: mechanical trades, electrical up to 480v, HVAC/R, PLC / Controls, Instrumentation, welding.
- Certified by the Federal EPA for operation of refrigerant reclaiming equipment and for proper usage and disposal of all refrigerants is required.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in multiple skilled trade disciplines as defined by the department skills matrix.
- Knowledge and ability to apply proper hand tools in an industrial setting.
- Knowledge and ability to use basic power tools (such as electric drills, drill press, saws, grinders, pneumatic and hydraulic tools).
- Ability to accurately use measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, scales).
- Assists in root cause investigation and reliability centered maintenance analysis.
- Basic computer skills (MS Windows).
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.