Associate Director, Immunology, Global Marketing
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As a member of the Global Immunology Marketing team, the Associate Director is responsible for designing, developing and implementing commercial initiatives and tactics aligned with the global brand strategic imperatives. The Associate Director will engage and collaborate with a cross-functional team including market access, medical affairs, regulatory, legal, health economics, public affairs, medical and regulatory review, patient relations, business insights, OEC, and global learning. Close partnership with Area and affiliate teams is also required to ensure global launch readiness and successful post-launch execution.
This role does not have direct reports but must demonstrate the ability to influence and lead cross-functionally to successfully drive the business. The Associate Director reports to the Global Marketing Director. The candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment with high expectations and a customer focus that drives the need for quality deliverables and performance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Understand the global Immunology market landscape, value drivers and competitive landscape as well as any unique dynamics driving uptake in the top international markets
- Contribute to the development of strategic and functional brand plans
- Develop innovative and impactful initiatives and tactics that align to the brand strategic imperatives to drive an exceptional patient experience, brand differentiation and/or elevated standards of care
- Co-create with Areas and affiliates innovative HCP marketing and non-personal promotional tactical plans and field-facing resources
- Support affiliate launch readiness through proactive and continuous communication relating to key initiatives and tactics
- Manage external medical conferences, engage with external customers and establish/maintain relationships with key opinion leaders where appropriate
- Manage projects with vendors and other agencies to budget, identifying efficiencies/synergies where possible to maximize resources
- May participate in cross-TA/cross-brand (Rinvoq/Humira/Skyrizi) projects
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of pharmaceutical marketing experience
- Competency of the current medical and regulatory approval process
- Proven track record of effectively working in cross-functional teams and matrix environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Able and willing to extensively travel internationally
- Global and Affiliate/Country experience
- Sales, Market Access, or other relevant experience that complements the marketing role
- Digital Marketing experience
- Immunology experience
This position will be filled at a Manager or Associate Director level, based on candidate experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.