EHS Compliance Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manage and facilitate the Global EHS Documentation process that aligns with the enterprise EHS Management System. Mange and report on enterprise wide EHS metrics and monitor EHS data integrity. Lead and facilitate various EHS initiatives across the enterprise as well as the AbbVie EHS Excellence program. Provide oversight and management of the Global EHS Training Program.
• Provide oversight for the Global EHS Training Program which provides EHS training curriculum for Operations, R&D, Commercial and Headquarter organizations. This includes, but is not limited to, oversight for course content development and tracking/completing periodic updates of computer-based training, scheduling of instructor led training (Internal provider and External Training Providers), vender interaction, statement of work and purchase orders, scheduling, course financial charge backs.
• Oversight for EHS training and tracking within the EHS Training System, Compliance Wire and Isotrain.
• Manage the Global EHS Management System which includes 150+ documents (process, procedures, tools). Work with subject matter experts on document updates to ensure that documents are reviewed and updated and routed through the approval process on established frequencies.
• Manage Global EHS Documentation integration process and document alignment to the Procedures/Training Optimization Initiative for a business unit acquired in 2020. Manage the implementation and maintenance of the Procedures/Training Optimization Initiative for both AbbVie and acquired business unit, which consists of aligning enterprise wide EHS documents and training curriculum to the Environmental, Health and Safety Management System Framework, which is aligned with ISO
• Facilitate the AbbVie EHS Excellence Awards Process which includes managing the electronic awards system, issuing communications, coordinating the award selection, communicating results, and distributing awards.
• Oversight of safety data integrity and metrics, which includes quality checking safety data, generating monthly Global EHS Metrics Scorecard, as well as other metrics tracking initiatives such as, but not limited to, audit action plan completion tracking, past due action items, case determinations that are undetermined, etc.
• Facilitate the launch of metric campaigns within the EHS Management System on established frequency and track site completion.
• Partner with Global EHS Business Analyst with various Business System initiatives which may involve system testing, documentation, training development, etc.
• Complete annual regulatory reporting for Lake County OSHA Recordkeeping reporting (i.e.: OSHA 300 Log, OSHA 300A Summary posting) and Bureau of Labor Statistics Reporting. Complete annual data collection, verification, and submittal of OSHA 300A Summary information for each US and Puerto Rico sites and submit electronically to OSHA.
• Facilitate and coordinate various EHS initiatives as assigned, which may include but not limited to: Enterprise wide Zero. Believe It. Achieve It. campaigns, Covid-19 related initiatives, Integration initiatives, etc.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in EHS, Engineering, Program Management, or Documentation Management is required
• Minimum of 2 years experience in managing training programs is required. Minimum of 1 year experience with Isotrain and/or Compliance Wire and/or Attache is a required.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in data management/analytics and/or documentation management is required.
• Minimum of 1 year experience is environmental, health, and safety is preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft suite – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
• Demonstrated ability to manage diverse project load at same time.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and capacity to influence others. Good verbal and written communications.
• Problem Solving and analytical Capabilities
• Good organizational skills
Employees, Management Teams, EHS Teams, BTS, Business Area Training Coordinators
Significant Work Activities
Awkward/forceful/repetitive motions (arms above shoulders, bent wrists, etc.)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.