Counsel, Commercial Brand
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Counsel, Commercial Brand position is responsible for handling a variety of healthcare-related legal, regulatory and compliance issues governing on-market and pipeline products with a primary focus on the anti-kickback statute, false claims act and advertising and promotional regulations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as Counsel for multiple U.S. pharmaceutical brands and frequently interact with and provide substantive advice to Marketing, Medical Affairs and Regulatory Affairs departments concerning a broad range of legal, regulatory and compliance issues, including FDA regulations, False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, OIG guidance, the PhRMA Code, the Sunshine Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and competition law in connection with product labeling, promotional and non-promotional activities.
- Provide clear advice to various business clients and senior legal management on U.S. laws focusing on fraud and abuse risks, promotion, patient support, go-to-market strategies, and scientific exchange.
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing and negotiating complex commercial agreements, 3rd party vendor agreements, service agreements, pharmacy agreements, consulting agreements and other corporate agreements.
- Provide legal advice and assistance for the development of policies and training, and conduct training.
- Develop knowledge of AbbVie’s business and supported client areas. Keep abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas.
- Resolve legal issues using negotiation skills and legal expertise. Advise legal department managers of project developments in a timely manner. Execute core job responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Help select and direct the work of outside counsel, define project objectives, manage project and budget.
- Work cross-functionally and find solutions for business clients consistent with the law, policies/procedures, and AbbVie’s Code of Conduct.
- J.D. required.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience (previous pharma or health care experience preferred).
- Experience with Market Access/Managed Health Care matters is desirable, but not required.
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.