Associate Director, Personalization
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Associate Director, Personalization
We are Allergan Data Labs, a team of 100+ digital and consumer marketing gurus, data scientists, and engineers, on a mission to help realize the potential of the aesthetics market through data and technology. We create world-class digital products to inspire our 150M target consumers globally to use our life-changing brands.
Allergan Data Labs is part of Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie Company, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Our brands are iconic household names such as Botox Cosmetic, Juvéderm and CoolSculpting. Our team is bi-coastal and operates out of Irvine, CA and New York, NY.
We’re looking for an Associate Director, Personalization to drive our vision for personalization at Allergan Aesthetics. You will serve as the bridge that links analytics to marketing – our data is one of our most valuable resources, and you are responsible for unlocking its potential. You know that nothing important gets done in silos, and you are scrappy in marshaling resources across disparate teams to ensure that the marketing strategies you bring to life represent the best of the capabilities our organization can bring to bear.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Drive our personalization agenda. Identify opportunities to meaningfully shift consumer behavior at scale and establish a systematic approach to quickly developing, piloting, and scaling personalized marketing interventions to capture these opportunities.
- Shape our commercial strategies. Become an expert in the drivers of consumer behavior in aesthetics and formulate a view on how they can be shifted through targeted interventions. Use rigorous analysis to shape the perspective of leaders across the organization on how we can more effectively deploy marketing investments.
- Be a leader. Coordinate across teams including data science, data engineering, performance marketing, product development, finance and more to bring data-driven marketing approaches to life. Build a team that can drive our personalization agenda forward.
- Deep expertise in business strategy, marketing, and analytics, with at least seven (7) years of experience in data-driven marketing roles
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Expertise in digital advertising, including familiarity with key technologies that enable targeted consumer marketing and performance measurement (e.g. Segment, Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, etc.)
- An analytical approach to everything you touch – you’re highly data driven, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and interrogate data to surface new insights
- Strong communication skills and a high degree of comfort going toe-to-toe with executives to influence decision-making based on data and analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with many different personality types
- Bachelor’s degree required
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.