Associate Director - Solutions Management, US Patient Services
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie US Commercial Patient Services BTS organization is looking for an Associate Director of Solutions Management to be part of the Technology Services and Architecture team to lead the solution vision & roadmap in alignment with the business strategy, translate the business requirements into technical solution features, lead the release planning & prioritization of features to deliver desired business outcomes and elevate the user/patient experience, partner with solutions architecture and engineering teams to deliver integrated patient services technology solutions across Access & Reimbursement, Patient Outreach, Patient Services Marketing, Intake and contact center functions for Immunology, Oncology and Specialty Patient Services within US. This position will manage the centralized patient relationship management platform built on Salesforce.com and other custom web and mobile applications across marketing, Access & Reimbursement, and patient outreach functions.
This position will report to Director of Architecture and Technology Services for US Patient Services, and will partner with IT strategy and planning team, IT function leads, business function leads, care model operations team and IT engineering & delivery team to deliver the integrated technology solutions for US Patient Services.
This position will be responsible to proactively understand patient services care model strategies across brands, educate cross-functional teams on existing solutions and features, standardize the technology solution to leverage across brands to improve speed to market, and influence/develop capabilities roadmaps for the organization. He/she will stay on top of technology trends and collaborate with the solutions architecture team to conduct technical research to build new feature to recommend the use of new technology capabilities - balancing opportunities for innovation, user/patient experience, business benefits, existing IT standards, and IT roadmaps.
This position will manage team of solution managers, product owners, business systems analysts, project managers, UX engineer and partner with IT engineering & operations team, solutions architecture team, data & digital marketing team to: Define the functional requirements of new and existing systems. Collaborate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new systems, and enhancements to existing systems. Determine ways of leveraging existing systems for new requirements. Enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow. Identify and resolve issues with existing systems. Proactively identifies areas of opportunity to apply IT for new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies.
- Accountable for the management and delivery of technology Solutions across all Patient Services business functions. Leads the team of solution managers, product owners, UX engineer, business systems analysts to manage the solution vision and roadmap, translate business requirements into solution features, maintain healthy solutions backlog, prioritize the features, and deliver the technical solution by partnering with functional leads, solutions architecture, engineering, and operations team.
- Know the business strategy and can clearly formulate business priorities to the Feature team. Facilitate the relationship with the end customer and business leadership/owners, bringing the voice and priorities of the customer to the forefront. Understand the marketing dynamics and shape the solution roadmap to prepare for future business needs. Define and maintain long term solution vision. Align stakeholders around the vision of the solution.
- Identify current and emerging business needs and evaluates technology solutions to balance short term and long-term objectives. Partners with business and IT functional leads in the strategy and tactic definition, understands the business program/project objectives, expected outcomes, KPIs/metrics, and priorities
- Partners with Solutions Architecture team to create functional and technical solution design; Partners with data governance team to obtain appropriate approvals for data collection and usage; Reviews the solution design with business care model ops and business functions.
- Partners with Program manager, architects, data governance lead, engineering lead, and operations lead to create integrated program plan, team wise release plan, and finalize budget
- Effectively communicate solution roadmap, strategies & trade-offs to business partners, BTS leadership, architecture, and engineering teams.
- Reviews the in-built version of the solution throughout the sprint to ensure features meet the business objectives
- Lead the migration of legacy solutions into the centralized patient relationship management platform; Establish governance framework and agile continuous delivery model to execute the centralized patient relationship management platform across all functions; Lead the Change Advisory Board meeting to intake new feature requests, understand the expected outcomes, facilitate prioritization, and conduct release planning.
- Participate in the sprint review and demo sessions, standup calls (as needed) with the engineering team to ensure solution meets the feature needs. Facilitate demo to the business and IT functional leads to ensure it enables the desired business outcomes.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical business, and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions
- Supervise team of solution managers and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Adopt product mindset rather than project mindset to deliver continuous value to the business.
- Develop and manage a data-driven framework for evaluating the value of features and their effectiveness in meeting the user and patients’ needs to help with prioritization of features. Develop measurement framework to measure the effectiveness of the solution and features in meeting the customer needs.
- Build long term relationship and trust with business partners.
- Present solution roadmap, release updates, user feedback, etc. to business stakeholders on a regular cadence to share the value of technology solutions with appropriate KPIs and metrics.
- Anticipate risk and prepare mitigation plan to ensure solution is delivered as per the roadmap to enable business outcomes.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree with 9 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 8 years’ experience; PhD with 4 years’ experience
- 8 years of experience in CRM/Web/Mobile application management, delivery, and operations.
- Requires in‐depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- 1-2 years supervisory and employee development experience. 2-3 years strategic IT planning experience.
- Can explain and present complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels up to the highest in a persuasive and convincing manner.
- Broad and deep IT knowledge coupled with equivalent knowledge of the processes and activities of the business.
- Able to understand and communicate the potential impact of emerging technologies on organizations and individuals and can analyze the risks of using or not using such technologies.
- Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry, commercial operations and patient services preferred.
- Proven experience in agile delivery model (Scrum / Kanban) and project management
- Experience in product management; Prior experience as product manager or scrum product owner is preferred.
- Experience in using project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Good understanding of agile software development life cycle methodology and prior experience in executing projects in agile model. Experience in DevOps tools and processes preferred.
- Experience in Salesforce.com platform is preferred. Experience in web and mobile application development framework is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of Information Technology Systems, with strong understanding of the relationship between business processes, applications, databases, operating systems, processing platforms, storage platforms, security systems and networks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent executive presentation skills.
- Ability to lead and facilitate requirements gathering, and design sessions
- Experience in gaining understanding in current state business processes, creating process maps and user experience design as well as making recommendations for improved future state processes and UX designs.
- Ability to efficiently and concisely illustrate and communicate concepts in words and diagrams
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced, business and technical environment
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.