Director, Winning with Data, Program & Platform Lead
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Profile: Director BTS
Reports to: Director, Intl Data & Analytics Services
Represents BTS on key Winning With Data Initiatives
The Intl Commercial Business Technology Solutions (BTS) group is engaged with Commercial Marketing & Sales, Medical, Regulatory, Market Access and HEOR to develop solutions to address unmet needs of our internal and external stakeholders. The role will be part of Commercial BTS, and will be vertically aligned with the Data & Analytics BTS international Commercial Organization.
The role will be BTS’s Winning with Data capability, Program & Platform Lead and will work with various BTS functions and Commercial partners to conceptualize, design and implement technology and data solutions for Commercial functions.
The Winning with Data platform and program Lead, owns the data platforms within the Data & Analytics Organization including responsibility for the FUSION program. FUSION(Foundry) is the Intl Commercial Data Warehouse being deployed across 77 affiliates and is the central warehouse for the commercial organization housing Finance, CRM, CLM, MCM plus associated data sets required for the analytics and reporting needs of the commercial organization.
The role will work with Global Customer Excellence, Affiliate CEX, BTS teams and other stakeholders within International commercial BTS to identify and frame strategic and tactical needs for data management and work with commercial team members for implementation.
The areas of responsibilities with Data and Analytics as a key area of focus, will include
- Being a thought leader and setting the direction and pace of change for the high speed data driven marketing and sales tactics for the commercial organization
- Lead the deployment of the FUSION program across the affiliates along with Customer Excellence and BTS personnel in Area and Afifliates
- Work on use case definitions along with Customer Excellence by solving critical business questions and enabling better data based decisions for affiliates as part of the FUSION program
- Drive the strategy for emerging capabilities such as chat bots, alerts, notifications, AI/ML based recommendations
- Lead a team of data engineers, data analysts and data scientists to achieve the Winning with Data objectives of the commercial organization
- Develop innovative product recommendations based on business, technical, and opportunity assessments, demonstrating domain experience.
- Lead a team of Program and Project Managers to drive the FUSION program to completion
- Work with the Global/Affiliate CEX/BTS, Area/Affiliate CEX/BTS teams to align organizational priorities with FUSION product evolution and prioritization across all business functions
- Seek to drive effective end-to-end delivery of prioritized initiatives ensuring the investments are optimized from cost, time to market and strategic fit perspective
- Monitor and review budgets, resources and utilization by taking corrective actions proactively as required
- Focus on enforcing data governance standards in conjunction with enterprise data governance policy and work to identify, assess and remediate data quality issues
- Identify business needs, negotiate priorities between competing business partners interests, and then coordinate with internal team and partners to ensure that the requirements are implemented effectively.
- Understand upstream and downstream dependencies to contribute towards roadmaps for the platform
- Lead internal team of product & solution experts by providing them guidance on their work routines, prioritization, risk management and escalations
- Provide active coaching to appropriate project associates and work stream leaders. Supervise a matrix team of Architects, Business Systems Analysts, and Programmers on large strategic initiatives
- Support team members in their career aspirations by providing relevant opportunities and stretch assignments and guiding their career progression
- Manage risks proactively, building a balanced control environment by reducing operational risks, eliminating manual steps and sub-optimal practices
- Act with urgency and passion. Help others be successful. Work with minimal oversight; Deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, and 15+ years of work experience including technology strategy, business analysis, data management, portfolio management, and strategic planning. Experience in developing and deploying cross functional business systems applications. 5+ years of experience managing or coaching employees.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills built on industry experience in pharmaceutical or health care.
- Proficiency in the principles of data management as well as in digesting and analysing data sets.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions. Strong analysis and analytical skills, strategic thinking and portfolio mgmt. skills are must. This role requires strong communication skills and the ability to take complex or ambiguous ideas and synthesize into clear and concise action.
- Innovative thinking, ability to influence and the ability to leverage past experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment. Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor matrix teams.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience. Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results. Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication skills – problem structuring, logical
thinking and story-lining crucial
- Outstanding influencing and interpersonal ability to work effectively with multi-functional teams
and with senior management
- The drive to get things done and move consistently towards target state.
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also delivering on time with integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.