Video and Web Conferencing Services Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Manager, Conferencing Services is responsible for the enterprise-level engineering, design, and implementation for all web conferencing platforms globally. Web conferencing solutions include: MSFT Teams, Zoom and Webex including video endpoint interoperability. Additionally, staff reporting to this position provide level 3 engineering escalation and hyper-care support for C-level VIP events.
- Provides leadership for the department and conducts annual PEx reviews, growth planning, mentoring and ensures team members are trained and in compliance with Corporate policies and procedures
- Engagement and thought leadership in the development of goals and strategy to deliver web conference solutions globally: including 30,000+ conference calling clients and supporting services such as concierge meeting services
- Management of the technology roadmap, software versions, and feature releases for Conferencing Services globally
- R&D, integration and operations transition of new and innovative market place products including next generation solutions, services and capabilities
- Vendor and carrier management for conferencing engineering and operational support managed services
- Leads a team of 2-3 FTE and/or contractor resources and heavily interacts with managed service providers on a frequent basis. Participation in the development of RFI’s and RFP’s for conferencing products, services and support
- Works in a matrixed environment with peer leaders in the Collaboration and Conferencing function to ensure all demand is managed, delivery is consistent and operational transition is fluid. Develops and maintains strong relationships with Operations, Release Management, Project Management Office and BTO’s to ensure quality delivery and adoption of services
- Manages the resources of the department, include planning, hiring and budgeting as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree with 6 years’ experience or Master’s degree with 5 years’ experience in Business Information Services, or Computer Science preferred
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional works teams toward task completion. Advanced written and verbal communication skills commensurate with executive level interaction
- Strong problem resolution skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proven track record of effective leadership
- Preferred: Video and conferencing technologies experience, or equivalent; Experience working in regulated industries (such as pharmaceuticals or finance) highly desirable
- Preferred: Experience with the following video and conferencing enterprise solutions, or equivalent: MSFT Teams, Zoom and Cisco WebEx – including integration with O365 Video endpoint (Cisco/MSFT/OEM) integration into Conferencing platforms 3rd Party Meeting Concierge Services)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.