Manager, Data and Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Data and Analytics Manager will be responsible for the delivery of Business Intelligence and reporting solutions, including Data science solutions at AbbVie Operations Division. The Manager would be responsible to advance the Data Maturity of Analytical applications and processes involved in the functional areas such as Manufacturing Product Quality, Science & Technology and External Manufacturing.
The Data and Analytics Manager will lead the IT Technical teams from estimations to the delivery of the solutions. Role will also liaise with Business or Functional teams and IT to oversee planning, requirement gathering, design, deployment and communications
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationship with functional counterparts in the business and Functional IT teams. Maintain end-to-end accountability for customer satisfaction and overall delivery excellence.
- Understanding the pipeline of demand and work with the Resource Planners to ensure an appropriate supply of resources.
- Work within team to determine necessary activities to successfully deliver projects throughout the given initiative/functional area. Define business questions, requirements, timelines, objectives, and success criteria.
- Also act as resource Manager gaining subject matter proficiency for the business areas involved and interacts with Project/ Program Managers managing delivery of data and reporting solutions. Brings innovative Technical ideas / industry solutions to advance data maturity.
- Provides guidance to Technical design Leads towards creation and approvals of Technical project estimations. Reviews and interacts with Functional IT and business to ensure requirements are well defined and approved.
- Delivering customer satisfaction and overall excellence by identifying opportunities (or issues) and assisting with speedy resolution. Serve as an escalation point for customer concerns if/when they arise.
- Responsible for financial management and reporting for the overall Demand, Budget, and Resource management for applications under the area of responsibility
- Acts as a resource to provide innovative solutions to mitigate risks, manage competing customer priorities, facilitate contingency plans, maximize cost-effective resource utilization, and improve employee effectiveness.
- Proactively recommends improvements to streamline current processes and reduce cycle time.
- Transform data into actionable insights and recommendations. Present clear and concise results. This includes processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Monitor workload of OBI staff to ensure team members are consistently managed and challenged. Work with reporting manager programs to address changes in resourcing, career mobility, career development and reward / recognition initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with the Abbvie processes and ensure standard practices and processes across all applications under the area of responsibility.
- Provide leadership and direction to project team members
- Monitor and manage end-to-end delivery of programs and projects sponsored by one or more customer groups to scope, time and budget
- Good executive presence with excellent communication and presentation skills.
Analytical/Decision Making/Relationship building Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work within a matrix organization – balancing the needs of the customer against firm initiatives and goals
- Must be able to identify appropriate product/service offerings to meet the functional area needs
- Must make decisions, such as prioritize relationships to develop, negotiate with various stakeholders and overcome obstacles
- Identify, manage and resolve complex issues, preventing escalations, where possible
- Manage, negotiate and resolve project risks effectively
- Leader and team player – sets example for project managers, business analysts and others to follow
- Create an open, honest, accountable and collaborative team environment
- Experience managing external vendors, commercial negotiations
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, including cross-cultural competence
- Proven delivery excellence ideally using Agile
- Strong leadership qualities and a passion for building high performing teams
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proven track record of delivering a collection projects and products for a portfolio size of $5M - $10M
- Good experience in business development, project delivery and client relationship management in a technology environment
- Good business acumen and ability to negotiate with business partners
- Strong customer orientation and able to manage customer expectations
- Good executive presence with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop strategic plans and translate them to actionable roadmaps
- Good financial and people leadership skills
- Initiates, builds and maintains productive customer relationships
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization with excellent communication and networking skills – able to effectively manage and influence senior leaders as well as a broad range of stakeholder
- Ability to manage risk, and encourage strategic risk management-based delivery in others to manage expectations and communicate effectively
- Strong collaboration skills to build teams across business boundaries
- Agile working experience necessary.
- Drives operational improvements and efficiencies through the creation and implementation of rigorous process and controls, acts as a gatekeeper for quality
- Building trust with senior stakeholders in times of pressure.
- Experience in a cross-border role, successfully managing multiple complex projects at a global level and regional
Conducts regular 1:1 briefing with the team members on an on-going and regular basis
- know the status of projects in his/her span of control and any key issues that may impact scope or budget
- synthesize and communicate project and business issues on an on-going basis, manage the group’s awareness of major business and IT issues, and help to prevent escalations, where possible
- This role is empowered to exercise sound judgment and encouraged to make clear decisions on project issues, managing customer relationships, delivering value, providing leadership and guidance to direct reports, and partnering with peer team members
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience or Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience in Information Technology.
- Experience managing managed service provider and ensuring optimization of delivery of service.
- 5+ yrs. of experience in project management including: Resourcing, Project Execution, Incident Management, Change Management and Project Finance Management.
- Proven experience identifying strategies for risk mitigation to reduce or eliminate issues.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance, SLC, Compliance and Data Integrity
- Have the ability to make clear and courageous decisions. Demonstrated proficiency in relational databases (Teradata, Oracle etc.), BI tools (PowerBI, Qlik Sense) and analytics capabilities (Python, R etc).
- Experience/familiarity with cloud technology (AWS)
- Experience with big data technologies like Hive, Impala, Hue etc.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Proven experience with Project Management, specifically Project Execution, Demand management and Release and Deployment Management.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion.
- Experience with Service Operations in a global, multi-sourced and multi-project environment.
Internal: Business Technology Organizations (BTOs), Abbvie End Users, Managed Service Providers, AbbVie IT infrastructure services
External: By extension, Abbvie's customers: patients, health care
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.