Marketing Manager II
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Based on candidate's experience, will determine the grade.
Position Summary: The Marketing Manager I/II works in concert with the Associate Marketing Director and brand team to develop and execute strategic and tactical marketing plans which drive key dermatology consumer marketing business initiatives. This person is responsible for managing cross-functional teams in the development of advertising and promotion tactics and execution. This position requires the individual to foster positive working relationships to partner collaboratively with internal and external partners to execute plans. Whether the role will be a MM I or MM II will depend on the candidate’s background and experience.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Drive and participate in business and marketing plans and process. Leverage core marketing capabilities in the creation and refinement of marketing plans.
- Lead development and manage execution of DTC tactics to drive brand awareness, disease awareness, acquisition, and conversion initiatives through a variety of channels including: CRM, direct marketing, in-office, print, with a strong emphasis in digital communications.
- Understand and leverage trends in the marketplace impacting Consumer Marketing using data driven strategic insights to apply on an on-going basis to the marketing plan.
- Utilize various research methods (e.g., market surveys, focus groups, consumer interviews) to provide effective brand positioning and key points of differentiation into the marketplace.
- Direct and manage projects including execution of marketing plans, initiatives, and tasks. Deliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion (meets deadlines). Ensure that regulatory and compliance guidelines are followed.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of campaign strategies through campaign measurement and metrics development to ensure positive return on investment and achievement of brand objectives.
- Assist in the management of the scope, direction, and terms of the agency relationship and aid in oversight of all aspects of agency relations.
- Track and manage the Consumer Marketing Budget while collaborating with the team to utilize resources effectively and efficiently
- Exhibits the AbbVie Ways of Working, including “All for One AbbVie” and “Make Possibilities Real”
Basic Skill Sets:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field equivalent.
- 4-6+ years of relevant work experience in marketing
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical or CPG marketing
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, and an exceptional ability to work cross functionally with internal and external agency partners to achieve marketing goals; ability to lead without authority
- Proficiency in core marketing capabilities such as creative development, value proposition, positioning, segmentation, investment optimization, etc.
- Excellent project management capabilities, good analytical and conceptual abilities, self-starter initiative and team orientation.
- Strong communication, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- Must have attention to detail, execution, and follow-through
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
- Experience in pharmaceutical marketing
- Multiple experiences within commercial (Brand, Managed Health Care, Sales)
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, digital, database agencies and internal cross functional partners.
- DTC mass media (TV, Print, Web/Digital) experience
- CRM experience including Direct mail and e-mail
- Understanding of social media platforms and their application
- Ability to work with all levels in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to influence senior management
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.