Manager, US Transparency Reporting
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manager, US Transparency Reporting
The Manager, US Transparency Reporting is responsible for ensuring data reported to the transparency data collection system is accurate and compliant with the company’s operating procedures for program funding, corporate policies, and all federal and state reporting laws. Reports into the Director of US Enterprise Transparency Reporting, responsible for the day-to-day operations of the US Transparency Reporting Team managing one direct report primarily focusing on R&D related activities. Leads, manages, and motivates direct report in all special projects, procedures, and processes to support the ongoing reporting, ad hoc and analytical requirements for tracking US Healthcare Provider (HCP) and Health Care Organization (HCO).
- Manages the process of data collection, analysis and reporting as required by federal and various state laws.
- Partners with Manager, US Transparency – Commercial activity to develop a comprehensive understanding of all business unit HCP/HCO activities, policies and processes for US transparency reporting and analytics.
- Leads alignment activity for full integration of R&D Legacy Allergan.
- Responsible for accurate and correct data submission of required federal R&D reports. Collaborating with identified business unit’s data submission and corrections.
- Develops detailed knowledge of R&D transactions with HCPs and HCOs. Builds relationships by reviewing transactional data and responding to internal and external questions that arise, focusing on certain business units including but not limited to: Financial R&D, Clinical, Business Services Group (BSG), Global Medical, Field Medical, HEOR and additional corporate functions, such as: Corporate Finance and Government Affairs.
- Defines and implements procedural processes that can improve operational effectiveness for US Transparency reporting.
- Responsible for various monthly compliance presentations including ongoing development of analytical reporting packages and reconciliations for management within scope of responsibility.
- Collaborates with Compliance (OEC) and Business Technology Systems (BTS) to gain consensus on project schedules, objectives, goals, and deliverables.
- Concurrently manages multiple aspects of complex projects, assess issues, identify options to drive for decisions and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Assists with development of training materials and processes in support of company-wide U.S transparency compliance program.
- Sets strategy and leads continuous improvement initiatives to increase accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of required internal and external US transparency reporting requirements.
- Utilizes highly effective oral and written communication skill set to update senior management and project stakeholders regarding project status, resource management and project risks.
BA/BS required. Experience in US Transparency reporting, R&D and/or monitoring/compliance preferred. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience.
- Pharmaceutical, medical device or biotech company experience, preferred.
- Must have strong leadership, data analysis, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Data3Sixty experience a plus.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day).
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.