Vice President, Investor Relations
Vice President, Investor RelationsAllakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases. Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
Position Summary:The Vice President, Investor Relations (“VP IR”) will lead the planning, management and execution for our investor relations activities including shaping messages to the investor community. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the role will be an individual contributor role and will work closely with the executive management team to design a proactive investor relations plan, drive execution, and provide recommendations on all aspects of our investor activities. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on builder with strong interpersonal, organizational, and business skills.
- The VP IR will play a central role in positioning and conveying our vision, strategy, values and performance to the investor community. Responsibilities include:
- Developing an investor relations function that proactively provides a clear understanding of our company;
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with investors, sell-side analysts and various public relations stakeholders;
- Guiding the evolution of our investor base as we move closer to commercialization;
- Leading the coordination of investor conferences and roadshows;
- Working collaboratively with key business stakeholders within our company;
- Refining our investor communications materials;
- Monitoring market and sector dynamics as well as investment research related to our company and our industry peers;
- Providing data and metrics-driven insights into the market and competitive landscape;
- Ensuring corporate communications complement investor relations communications;
- Managing external agencies and vendors supporting investor relations activities; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree an 12+ years of relevant work experience required, advanced degree (MBA, MSc, PhD or MD) a plus;
- Proven track record of success building Investor Relations programs;
- Established relationships and credibility with investors, analysts and management teams in the biotech/biopharma industry;
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively tailor communication to a broad collection of external and internal audiences;
- Thought partner to the CEO, COO, CFO and management team;
- Ability to translate complex scientific and business matters into easy to communicate messaging to keep all parties focused on what really matters;
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work in a fast-paced work environment;
- Corporate communications skills are a plus; and
- Occasional travel required.