Job Description for Material Handler
Material Handlers in the Warehouse department are responsible for the proper warehousing and inventory maintenance of GMP raw materials, components and supplies. Material Handlers will perform GMP warehousing duties, maintain accurate inventory records, and transport GMP raw materials, components, supplies and essential in-process related solutions from the central warehouse to the appropriate manufacturing facilities. Process material from BioMarin to 3 PL. storage sites.
- Receive and warehouse GMP raw materials, components and supplies per established SOP’s.
- Transport and distribute approved GMP raw materials, components and supplies to the designated manufacturing facilities. Transport all GMP in-process solutions to and from the designated manufacturing facilities.
- Maintain accurate inventory records for approved GMP raw materials, components and supplies.
- Perform some data entry in Metrics.
- Compliance with EH&S safety guidelines, especially those directly related to the operation of warehousing equipment such as pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Process Raw Material from BioMarin to 3 PL storage locations: Repalletize material on pallets, wrap pallets, perform documents for shipment when time allows.
- Assist with other tasks as required: Housekeeping, reorganize the warehouse locator shelves and work as team to be audit ready.
- Labeling and putting away material into locators by forklifts, pallet jacks, and other equipment.
- Forklift experience/license helpful.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions within a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Fast pace always moving.
- Squatting, kneeling, twisting, lifting
- Climbing on and off trucks
- Pallet jacks
- Forklifts (Narrow-aisle, fork-truck style lifts)
- 16’-22’ cargo truck(s)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.