Sr Research Associate/Research Associate, Natural Products Chemistry
As a research associate on the natural products chemistry team, you'll join a team of experienced natural products scientists to isolate novel molecules generated by Hexagon Bio's synthetic biology platform. Through your primary responsibility of performing extractions and purifications, you will be exposed to a variety of techniques including mass spectroscopy, chromatography, and automation methods related to natural products chemistry. You’ll interface with our cross-disciplinary team of bioinformaticians, molecular biologists, geneticists, chemists and biochemists while utilizing tools developed by our automation and software engineers to gain a comprehensive understanding of the platform.
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Natural Products, Biochemistry, Biology or related field
- Experience on isolation of small molecules by applying extraction and chromatography techniques
- Knowledge of working with microbial cultures is desirable
- Experience with mass spectrometry basics and analysis is preferred but not required
- Willingness to interface with automated systems
- Excellent communication and able to follow the protocols
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment, prioritize responsibilities
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of natural product biosynthesis is preferred but not required
Hexagon Bio is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.