Research Scientist - Hybridoma Generation
Research Scientist – Hybridoma Generation
About Immunome, Inc.
Immunome is a biotechnology firm located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia growing a pipeline of cancer immunotherapies fueled by the human immune system. Our unique and powerful immunotherapy discovery engine leverages “most highly educated” immune systems from patients who have already learned how to fight off their diseases. This proprietary technology platform enables the simultaneous discovery of novel antigens and the patient-derived, native antibodies that target those antigens. We then employ a battery of high-content screening technologies to identify specific and high-affinity antibodies that offer significant therapeutic potential to change the way we treat cancer.
The RS-Hyb Generation, works as part of a team to supply the Immunome Discovery Engine with robust hybridoma libraries generated from primary patient B cells. The position requires exquisite sterile technique for the purification and culture of the primary human B cells. The RS is responsible for facilitating Immunome’s deep interrogation of the human B cell repertoire through generation of hybridoma (and single B cell culture) libraries. Validation of all processes and the impact of those processes on the B cell repertoire through flow cytometry, sequencing and other methods is an integral part of the position. We are striving to continually improve our platform processes so the RS is expected to make ongoing contributions through conception, design, reducing to proactive methods to make those improvements.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Purification and growth of primary human lymphocytes from diverse set of tissues (blood, LN, tumor) and the generation of hybridoma libraries from the purified B cells
- Interfacing with automation, screening, and antibody engineering colleagues to convey timelines and critical data associated with library generation
- Design and carry out experiments to improve upon existing processes, and implement new ones, to move platform technology forward. As part of this, the RS is expect to contribute to any patent/publication/technical reports
- Interfacing with vendors (tissue acquisition, instrumentation, etc) to insure projects move forward
- Ability to work in a cross-functional position in a fast-paced environment
- Thrives while working both as a team member and independently
- Multi-task/manage multiple projects
- Proven ability to deliver on timelines
- Flow cytometry and tissue culture (cell lines and primary cultures)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- PhD (with relevant post-doctoral industry experience) in cancer biology, immunology, molecular biology or BS/MS with commensurate industry experience
- Attention to detail and strong organizational/communication skills
- Flexibility of working hours to facilitate processing patient samples in timely manner